Editor, Supply Management
Do you think knowledge is fundamental to success? Do you think value enables businesses to achieve objectives? If you do, you’re well on your way to being a candidate for EDITOR of the prestigious multi-channel, Supply Management, the World’s leading supply chain and procurement brand produced for CIPS (the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply).
At Supply Management we help our audiences face global challenges, solve problems, move mountains (sometimes literally) in pursuit of knowledge and value. And we do so across all channels: print, online, social and live and in four continents (Africa, Asia, Australasia and Europe)
The editor will need to be a great multi-tasker, a driving, energetic force capable of managing a large team and building strong client relations. Being comfortable working across channels and running a story platform that feeds great content to all the right places, is a pre-requisite.
The ideal candidate will have experience editing comparable titles, among other key attributes:
- An in-depth understanding of and passion for business and supply chain issues and a happy knack of immersing themselves deep in communities and understanding the key issues driving hundreds of millions of pounds of procurement spending
- The capacity to engage in expansive and engaging dialogue with CEOs and global procurement directors on the broad business and buying-related topics covered by the brand, and to build a network of contacts willing to contribute to developing a potentially award-winning profile and credibility for the brand
- A strong contacts book of journalists and practitioners in this area
- Ability to oversee and contribute to magazine production, including flatplanning, copy editing, sub-editing with InDesign and proofreading
- A track record as a writer
- An understanding of new technologies and how they can be used in the context of business publishing
- Strong communication abilities, including a strong record of building contacts and raising the profile of a title, and being unflappable under pressure
The successful candidate should have the confidence and capability to represent the Supply Management brand, and by extension CIPS, in senior level round table events and potentially in video or broadcast content and public platforms.