Our client is a branded consumer goods business that has been thriving for over 70 years and they are the UK's leading manufacturer in their category. With a super brand in the portfolio they are best known for their quality, commitment to innovation and mass market appeal. Trusted by generations with an iconic brand, this business has expanded into complimentary categories with ease and has enjoyed an increasingly successful direct to consumer offering. As their online presence is extremely important to the continued growth of the direct to consumer offering, an exciting opportunity has arisen in the digital marketing team for an experienced and knowledgeable SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) coordinator to join their marketing team in Manchester!
This SEO position will play a huge role in driving their online growth plans and you will help to fully integrate all aspects of search and will work closely with the Brand and Content teams. You will need to be confident in the development and delivery of SEO strategy as this role will give you the freedom and autonomy to plan, develop and implement the SEO strategy. Your role will also involve working with and utilising relationships with award winning agencies and cutting edge technology; giving you all you need to gain insight into the market and competitors, whilst growing your own knowledge and experience in the industry.
- Work towards organic search optimisation and ROI maximisation
- Regularly perform thorough keyword research
- Identify key SEO KPIs
- Monitor analytics, redirects, click rate, bounce rate, and other KPIs
- SEO focused copy and content
- Technical audits
- Prepare and present reports regularly
- Suggest improvements in process and productivity optimisation
- Collaborate with web developers, designers, content and wider marketing team
- Work with agencies and specialist SEO tools to monitor and measure SEO impact
- Stay up to date with the latest SEO and digital marketing latest trends and best practices
Skills and experience required:
- Usage of Hitwise and Audience View (desirable)
- Usage of site crawlers and SEO tools (Moz, Screaming Frog, etc.)
- Google Data Studio (desirable)
- Exceptional Excel/Google Sheets
- Magento and Umbraco (desirable)
- Analytics tools
The ideal candidate will have proven SEO experience, ideally gained in a consumer goods setting or a sizeable brand with significant investment into SEO. You will be commercially minded with a flair for analysis and making actionable recommendations. A collaborative open style with the ability work cross functionally is ideal for this down to earth business. You will need at least three years SEO experience and will need to be well versed in the technical elements of the role but candidates with broader search marketing or digital marketing experience are encouraged to apply.