Our client is recognised as one of the most awarded health advertising agencies in the world. Creativity is at the heart of everything they do and they believe in the power of ideas to transform businesses and help people lead healthier lives. They are currently looking for Medical Editor to join their studio based in Berkshire.
You will be taking lengthy data from/for clients and building visual presentations or concepts with the data. You will need to be able to visualise and build a story out of information.
This role is perfect for someone who is interested in data/information but who has a creative side and would like to see visual projects rather than just reports. For instance someone who can look at a presentation full of bullet points and turn it into some more visual with icons, tables, graphs, title slides etc.
Must Haves: Experiencing referencing (even if this is essay level at University), if they have used a system called 'Zinc' for referencing that would be great!, enjoys writing and creating stories, good understanding of medical / scientific data.
The Medical Editor is a mixed writing/editing role, supporting a team of copywriters in the creation of a wide range of communications for patients and healthcare professionals (HCPs). As a member of our vibrant, award-winning Creative department, you will be working under the direction of our copywriters to:
- Write HCP-facing materials using past examples for tone and style
- Write patient-facing materials by mirroring the tone and style set by the project's lead copywriter
- Action client amends
- Review and update materials following protocol amends
- Proofread and edit master English materials before the client's first review
Our writers come from a range of backgrounds including science journalism and medical education and have significant writing experience. We expect our editors to have a similar background, with the addition of copyediting/proofreading experience.
- Some writing experience (writing for a journal, a scientific blog, experience preparing academic papers)
- Scientific background (ideally biology or medicine, but chemistry, physics may be OK too)
- Able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
Please send CV and portfolio/style of writing stating your salary expectations.
Creative Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.