Strategist - Global Brand
About our Strategy Directors:
Our Strategy Directors are our master problem solvers and brief authors. They sit perfectly at the centre of our strategic offer and have day to day interaction with our clients and their business. We love folks from all different corners of our industry: We have directors who come from digital, media, anthropology, journalism and music. What do they have in common? They are great at understanding data, diagnosing problems, crafting insights and data-grounded stories in response to client briefs.
We like to own the problem definition with our clients to ensure that we are driving the right solutions. To achieve this, our directors get into the data (of any kind) to help solve clients questions (or create new ones), including optimising creative and experiences. Understand the role and importance of local market data. Moreover, work to secure access to it.
With the right data and facts at hand, our directors are expected to craft insights, not uncover them or dig for them. We believe in crafting them to demonstrate how the brands will win by impacting the lives of their consumers. We believe in robust fact-backed insights that inspire big, juice brand ideas and experiences.
Expectations as a Strategy Director
Define the problem: What have we been asked to do, what can we do, what should we do?
Challenge assumptions & lead across disciplines so that the entire picture makes sense.
- Help senior clients to formulate better briefs and tasks.
- Lead and design stakeholder immersion processes to get under the skin of a business problem.
- Consistent ability to frame business problems in a surprising and fresh way. A master reframer.
- Seen as integral member of the client team "the go to consult".
- Understands how to give direction and partner with client and different brand, comms, service design and digital agencies.
Insight Creation: Finding things out, filtering them, rethinking them laterally to inspire.
Pioneer new research techniques with client and get to insights that shape businesses.
- Fluent moderating of qualitative research.
- Continuously applies behavioural economics principles and frameworks.
- Able to assess research findings at speed and find new knowledge and insights.
- Understands how to create and run a major research project.
- Can lead on differentiated workshop design and techniques.
- On top of the latest and most innovative research techniques and advocating their use.
- Spotting potential issues around research design and legislating for them.
- Ability to identify and discuss with client at a high level opportunities that will benefit from specialist data planning or Analytics i.e. Data driven Customer Profiling, Insight modelling, scenario Planning etc.
Set the Path: Giving inspiration, clarity & confidence to the team about what needs to be done.
Act as a triumvirate with Account and Creative lead to ensure positive direction of client activity.
- Leads the creation of a new brand strategies across wider client business not just campaign/project.
- An O/S ninja who routinely uses it to shape brand strategies.
- Integrates on/offline business, experience and campaign elements as a matter of course into strategic thinking.
- Familiar with CRM, loyalty strategies and principles.
- Ability to design and articulate CE strategies and/or programs (including CRM and loyalty).
Ideation: Helping creative & other disciplines come up with better ideas, faster.
Act as an idea originator outside of main briefs and proactively seeks to develop new ideas.
- Develops proactive briefs and inspires client and agency on their potential.
- Creates new models for the future of brand and comms.
- Can articulate how an idea can influence all elements of client business rather than just comms.
Prototyping and Storytelling: Defining the idea, proving, communicating & selling it.
Pioneer new ways of framing and selling and idea, consistently using compelling soundbites.
- Can structure and lead a winning pitch without support from others.
- Can hold Marketing Director level presentations.
- Consistently uses memorable structures and language to compel the audience in the presentations. A master of soundbites.
- A highly polished and compelling presenter in off the cuff and planned situations.
Manifesting the Work: Crafting the experience journey and delivery detail that brings the idea to life.
Influence senior clients into experimenting with new channels, content and technology.
- Can develop detailed strategies for specific disciplines e.g. mobile, content.
- Owns the development of an how an idea can roadmap over three-five years.
Measurement and Effectiveness: Proving if, how and why the work created real value for the business and consumers.
Show recognised expertise linked to proving the value of ideas to organisations.
- Lead author on effectiveness papers and authors effectiveness case studies.
- Sets up projects for integrated evaluation from the start.
- Contributes to the creation of effectiveness studies.
- Intimately familiar with the different brand tracking studies and pros and cons of each.
- Consistently demonstrates effectiveness of campaigns outside of key metrics (influence on society etc)
You’ll be leading on the day to day strategy across a range of accounts and projects, using a wide variety of tools to better understand audiences, making recommendations where necessary to clients and keeping up to date on wider cultural trends.
You’ll deliver competitive insight, assist on pitches, working closely with internal teams to create outstanding yet effective campaigns.
With excellent analytical skills, you naturally distill the complex into key insights, developing clear strategic recommendations to inform great work.
Collaborative and keen to learn you’re up to date with the latestgoings on in the advertising industry.
You enjoy presenting internally and externally and are capable of building relationships with clients.
The Ogilvy Values
We have a set of five values that we expect everybody in the agency to sign up to. It’s not a set of rules, but it is a set of beliefs about how we go about our daily lives that we think helps set expectations of the kind of folk we look for.
Divine Discontent: We always seek the less ordinary
Relentless Curiosity: Just try it
Adaptive Connection: Everyone matters, embrace difference
Pervasive Creativity: Put creativity first
Eternal Craft: Care about every detail
What can you expect from us?
A fun and fulfilling working environment.
Guidance and full support from senior leadership team members.
Being part of a tight-knit team of people willing to go out of their way for each other