Our client is an innovative FMCG business with a European operation spanning multiple product categories. With a passion for innovation our client enjoys much success across both retail and food service channels. With category leading brands and a consumer focus at the heart of all innovation and brand marketing campaigns, there is a fantastic opportunity for a passionate and talented Portfolio Manager to progress their career.
The role of Portfolio Manager is responsible for defining and leading the development and delivery of the portfolio strategy and range architecture of a category leading product portfolio. You will work cross functionally across Marketing, Category and NPD teams to establish a best in class portfolio marketing function and ranging process.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead range architecture, identifying gaps in the range and products that need updating, supported with robust analysis.
- Develop the renovation proposition (packaging, ingredients, claims) in line with the segment needs and alongside the pricing strategy to deliver a competitive range.
- Manage performance of the product range, putting plans in place to optimise performance. Work with Sales, Marketing and Category teams to support Customer strategies and plans.
- Champion revenue and profit optimisation of the total portfolio, collaborating with other areas of the business (supply chain & technical).
- Bring and apply future trend insight, competitor intelligence and external influences to build portfolio plans and maintain competitive advantage and consumer relevance.
- Manage renovation projects from concept to launch (packaging changes, product reformulations) in conjunction with the Brand Marketing team.
To be successful in the role you will already be working in an FMCG or Consumer Goods business in a marketing or product management function. You will understand the principles of product management, range architecture and portfolio management and will possess excellent commercial and financial acumen with demonstrable P&L experience. You will have excellent project management skills with experience in end to end critical path and product life cycle management.
You will be insight driven with the ability to turn data into actionable product strategies and plans (experience of Kantar and Nielsen or similar) and will have a flair for generating concepts and ideas that can be fed into the product and range development pipeline. You will be commercially savvy with a focus on generating sales and forecasting future opportunities with an analytical mind.