Junior Graphic Designer
Haymarket Automotive Studio are looking for an outstanding Junior Graphic Designer, who can help us bring native content campaigns to life for clients in the automotive industry.
Working alongside the Art Editor, the Junior Graphic Designer will be involved in all stages of the creative process – from generating campaign ideas and pitches, to creating finished work that will appear in print and digital in What Car?, Autocar and Classic and Sports Car.
This role is a junior level position, and would suit someone at the start of their career, but the Haymarket Automotive Studio team has an outstanding reputation and expects content to be delivered to the highest possible standard.
That means our ideal candidate should live and breathe print and digital design, and be a highly creative and enthusiastic team player, with a sharp eye for detail. Knowledge of the automotive industry would be useful, but is not essential.
To get an idea of the sort of work we do, visit www.haymarketstudio.co.uk.
If you’re passionate about design and eager to find out more, we’re keen to talk to you.
As Junior Graphic Designer, you’ll responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with the Art Editor to create high quality content.
- Designing presentations for our pitches in either InDesign or Google Slides.
- Keeping all style guides up to date.
- Providing general art support to the creative department.
- Contributing ideas in creative meetings.
- Storyboarding ideas for any variety of live action, illustration or graphics concepts
- Helping out on video shoots
Some of the desirables you'll possess are:
- Qualification in a graphics course
- Excellent understanding of both print and web design
- Experienced in Adobe Creative Cloud, including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Capable of analysing briefs and business objectives and finding innovative solutions to problems
- Storyboarding experience
- Ability to multitask, plan and prioritise workload
- Ability to work under pressure in order to adhere to tight deadlines
- Team player