Our client is a global integrated, creative agency with offices in central London and the US. They work with leading entertainment and brand clients across the world. They have won multiple awards and their teams continue to produce forward thinking, stand alone and integrated campaign work across digital, print / design, TV, Radio as well as PR. They have also built a fantastic culture and togetherness within the team.
They’re now looking for a driven Account Director to join the team who can bring with them, develop and foster extremely strong relationships in entertainment and brand, utilising the full offering and capabilities of the in-house teams. You’ll also work intrinsically with a superb team of producers to manage the delivery of creative work including digital content as well as bespoke print and design projects, and AV projects. They’re looking for a hands-on team player who is happiest in a role that is equally weighted in managing and growth of current client relationships, and the development of new business for the agency.
Reporting to the Client Services Director and UK MD, you will be responsible for developing business from new and existing clients alongside the day-to-day management and delivery of key campaigns for your client accounts. You’ll be fully supported by our team of producers in the delivery of work. This will primarily include working alongside the production team to brief projects and dealing with the client on the day to day management of the project across all creative disciplines. This role will be integral to the wider business strategy and instrumental in securing new business and you will work closely with the rest of the Client Services team to identify, track and convert new business opportunities within existing and new clients. You will also be supported by the CD, Head of AV and Digital Strategy Director and whatever other resources are required whilst selling agency services into clients. You will also have the opportunity to manage and mentor an Account Manager on the team as they support you in your role.
You must have excellent communication and problem-solving skills and be able to manage projects whilst maintaining standards and developing business opportunities. The ability to build and maintain strong client relationships is imperative and you need to be comfortable with and capable of communicating effectively at all levels.
New and existing business
- Demonstrable examples of experience in securing, retaining and growing clients
- Be commercially savvy with an understanding of importance of both revenue and profit targets across your accounts
- Proactively driving your own sales pipeline – conducting client meetings with an idea of what revenue you want to achieve and provide them with a rationale to spend
- Lead the charge to identify and secure new UK based brand clients within the sales strategy parameters, utilising quick-win and smart sales tactics
- Target both ‘big-win’ projects alongside critical bread and butter pipe fillers
- Create and deliver engaging and effective new business presentations alongside Heads of Departments
- Maintain and grow our existing client base to maximise business opportunities
- Be your own leader – work autonomously and manage up where needed to drive the revenue
- Monitor and track billing and revenues
- Build strong and rewarding client relationships and have the ability to handle any conflict and bring to a positive resolution
- Proactively working with Client Services Director and UK Managing Director to establish UK sales objectives, strategy & reviews at Senior Management level
- Work on a new business strategy with the CSD, UK MD & CEO including farming existing clients and approaching new clients
- Work collaboratively and assist other account management team members with new business strategy / sharing of agency culture and knowledge
- Industry research and new lead generation; including regularly reviewing industry trades and sharing findings / trends with the CSD and UK Managing Director and other teams where relevant
- Ensure all quotes are based on solid thinking and rationale
- Take briefs from clients and provide to production and creative teams for implementation
- Working closely with Head of Production & the Creative teams to smooth internal processes and champion cross-departmental relations, effectiveness and efficiencies
- Able to analyse markets and spot business opportunities within existing and new clients
- Strong creative mindset & understanding
- Proven track record of relationship building and sales growth success
- Target driven and motivated by incentive goals
- Desire to be part of a team – collaboration and integration is a strong part of our culture.
- Excellent communication and presenting skills; both internal and external
- Outgoing, friendly and assertive personality – able to build strong relationships
- Line management experience
- Be your own person and speak up – be the voice of reason
- Strong work ethic, happy to get involved with all tasks
- Knowledge of sales progress reporting
- High level of attention to detail
- Genuine interest in film/TV industry and able to contribute original and innovative ideas
- Strong numerical skills – comfortable with financial and budget aspects of account management
- Team player – must be able to work well as part of a team and across all departments
- Positive outlook and part of the senior account management team
If you have demonstrable experience in securing, retaining and growing clients, and this role sounds exciting, please APPLY NOW for further details.