My client is a leading University based in Guildford seeking an EpiServer Developer to lead on development and customisation.
This University is based in Guildford and currently going through an extensive website redevelopment project.
The key responsibilities for this EpiServer Developer are as follows:
- Take the lead in the development and customisation of the University's new website using EpiServer CMS
- Providing technical expertise to the business in terms of solution design and analysis.
- Developing & Testing of high quality solutions; ensuring that user interfaces are designed and delivered to a high standard that results in a first-class experience for the user (internal and external)
- Creation of viable functional and technical specifications
- Providing technical mentorship to other members of the software development team.
- Ensuring adherence to defined websites development processes and policies, including source control and builds
- Liaising with the CMS supplier, currently EpiServer, to resolve system issues that cannot be resolved internally
- Reviewing design briefs before they are provided to the design agency to ensure that what is being requested is technically feasible
- Advising on proofs from design agencies to ensure that what is being suggested is technically feasible
- Implement and work to the University's coding standards
The succesful EpiServer Developer will have the following experience:
- Experience with working with Episerver from a development perspective
- Translating customer requirements in order to meet customer expectations on site delivery
- Experience of BootStrap, HTML and CSS
- Working with the project team to resolve technical issues
- Liaising with external suppliers
- Experience in working within a project environment, meeting set deadlines which are sometimes tight
- Building working prototypes
- Experience of documenting development from a functional and technical level is essential to this role
- Must have experience of working in a team environment using shared source control.
- Must have the technical experience to quickly and efficiently identify risks and issues and suggest effective resolution or mitigation.
- Must have experience of providing realistic estimates which account for all aspects of the development process including testing and adherence to existing commenting and release policies
This is a 2 month contract with scope for extension paying up to £450.00 a day. Not for Profit and Charities experience is preferred but not essential.