New Business Executive
Introduction to Ogilvy
At Ogilvy we make brands matter. We make them matter for years, for quarters and for right now.
Some marketeers and commentators believe brands no longer matter in the era of more channel fragmentation, micro-targeting, technology, and perfect data. But we believe that brands have never mattered more as beacons of trust and identity for consumers.
We are a team of brilliant, creative problem-solvers who believe there’s nothing we can’t achieve together, for our clients and for each other.
If that sounds like somewhere you want to be, read on…
At the heart of everything we do are our core values, our DNA, those beliefs that make us part of Ogilvy. We have a set of five values that we expect everybody in the agency to sign up to. It’s not a set of rules, but it is a set of beliefs about how we go about our daily lives that we think helps set expectations of the kind of partners we look for.
- Divine Discontent: We are never satisfied
- Relentless Curiosity: Just try it
- Adaptive Connection: Everyone matters, embrace difference
- Pervasive Creativity: Put creativity first
- Eternal Craft: Care about every detail
The New Business Executive will be the support, energy and lifeblood of the team, just as new business is the lifeblood of the agency. You'll be our organisational dynamo!
New Business as a craft is very well respected within Ogilvy and as such you’ll be in contact with senior level and c-suite employees and should feel confident around these stakeholders. Everyone in the department is expected to be a real Ambassador for Ogilvy
Under the Head of New Business & Marketing there are three New Business Directors and one New Business Manager. It is a relatively large department covering multiple capabilities and specialisms within Ogilvy, and as such there’s a clear line of progression. The department is hard working, highly professional, but fun too.
- Helping to reorganise our filing and processes now we have become ‘One Ogilvy’
- Maintaining and updating records, status reports, prospecting databases
- Support the New Business team in a variety of ways on:
- Chemistry meetings
- Marketing initiatives
- Update Ogilvy profiles across intermediary and industry platforms
- Keep case studies and work folders up to date. Ogilvy is a highly creative organisation and you need to love the work!
- Open job numbers/ manage POs
- Co-ordination of any Global requests from any one of our 80+ global offices
The role is extremely varied – no two days are ever the same – but each day is always busy! The candidate needs to be resourceful and be work both quickly and accurately to meet deadlines.
The candidate must be a natural communicator who can work with people at all levels of the agency and must be comfortable communicating with senior level staff. The candidate will be able to motivate others to produce work quickly liaising with all departments - from production, client services and creative - to turn around work quickly accurately and to budget. You should be curious and sociable and most importantly, excited by creativity.
The ideal candidate needs to be organised, flexible and motivated and must have the ability to self-start and be pro-active. Good written and verbal communication skills are essential.
The candidate must be able to deal with the stress of working to conflicting deadlines and must be able to juggle several projects. The New Business Executive needs to have lots of energy and a great sense of humour!
Apply for New Business Executive
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly