Senior Planning Director
Senior Strategic Planning Director
A terrific opportunity for an experienced planning director to lead the thinking on our client's huge new account win. You will play a key role in spearheading the corporate brand building efforts for this client.
The role calls for a brand savvy operator, as well as someone who gets integrated campaign building. Although some of the brand work has been completed by a brand agency, this has tended to focus on identity and has undoubtedly left some significant brand issues unresolved. Their client is a fascinatingly innovative organisation and will be numerous opportunities for engaging internal and external audiences.
The day-to-day stuff:
- You will lead and implement all strategic decision making on your client(s) accounts.
- You will be the indespensable strategic partner to your client(s) on all matters of brand strategy and marketing/communications.
- You’ll mentor and guide junior members of the department and encourage greater strategic awareness and understanding amongst account management peers.
- You’ll take responsibility for developing and coaching junior planners in your department
- You’ll lead pitches, and involve yourself in new business opportunities as required.
- You’ll have exemplary communication skills and have the gravitas to bring clients along with you as well as inspire creatives with your vision.
- You will be someone who has a ‘Big Picture Perspective’ – you take advantage of all factors that might affect your client’s business and communications strategy. Not only that but you’ll understand their commercial and political landscape as well as just the marketing context.
- Portfolio growth – Pitch, win and take on additional client business. Build the necessary team around you to help deliver strategic excellence.
- Leadership – Taking responsibility for your client’s business problems within the agency. Exhibit excellent end-to-end planning from client brief through to execution and post campaign analysis.
This role will suit either an existing planning director with lashings of corporate brand experience looking to take on a greater strategic challenges and responsibility or perhaps a strategy director with strong brand leanings who wants to expand their scope of influence and involvement.
The role calls for a highly experienced individual who can navigate the inherent political nuances of this significant client and has the curiosity and intelligence to influence the strategic direction that the brand pursues.
Our client is a world renowned creative and strategic agency renowned for offering exceptional career development opportunities.