Business Development Manager Pets Sector
This is an exciting new opportunity for a driven Sales Executive who love the pet sector to help create and launch a brand-new exhibition our client is now creating for a show in 2020.
• Building strong and key relationships within the pet industry
• Developing sales strategies for key clients, particularly with key or bellwether accounts.
• Understand (and monitor changes in) the industry, its value chain, the needs of its participants, and the needs of exhibitors and visitors.
• Ensure that this understanding is fed into the event’s value proposition, and the resulting sales strategy, plan, key messages, and tactics.
• You will work closely with the central strategy team to gather customer feedback.
Identifying opportunities to innovate within the event and ensuring that the event is fresh, relevant, and seen within the industry as a "must-attend-event" year after year.
• Develop the key sales messages to use when securing retained or new business, based on the event’s value proposition and strategy.
• Develop the event’s requirements, based on the event’s value proposition and strategy. These requirements will then be delivered by the best practice functions (i.e. Exhibitor and Visitor Marketing, Customer Success, Content, and Event Operations) based in the region, in line with best practice (as defined by HQ).
• Help develop the event's sales plan, including: re-booking, sponsorship and all other revenue streams, on-site activities at competitor exhibitions, scheduling meetings with bellwethers, identifying and targeting under-represented market sectors, etc.
• Build and maintain key relationships vital for the success of the event. These relationships are likely to include (but not limited to) government departments, trade associations, media, and bellwether accounts.
Experience & Knowledge – Essential
• A culture of high performance
• Developed and maintained relationships with senior governmental or industry association stakeholders
• Keen interest in pets
Experience & Knowledge – Desirable
Worked in an organisation with a matrix management structure
• Developed working relationships with remote or international stakeholders
• Previous experience in a customer service focused role
Skills - Essential
• Fluent in English
• Manage senior stakeholders, both within and outside the company
• Communicate both verbally and written
• Understand strategic priorities and translate them into tangible actions
• Develop and manage project plans and budgets
• Manage projects to meet deadlines and budgets
• Ability to use initiative
Personal Qualities - Essential
• Strong commercial acumen
• Calm under pressure
• Forward thinking and open to change
• Customer focused
• Proactive and resourceful
Apply for Business Development Manager Pets Sector
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly