Senior Project Manager
Our client is a leading creative agency specialising in the retail display sector. They are currently looking for a Senior Project Manager to join their busy studio.
This role will suit an existing Project Manager with experience of managing projects in a hands-on and 360 degree fashion, within a relevant creative industry. Managing the full end to end project process, with huge emphasis on client facing, this role will likely be dedicated to one large multi-project client at a time.
Reporting directly to the MD, this busy role requires an creative and holistic approach to project management. We are looking for top class interpersonal skills, a detail orientated approach, and an absolute commitment to producing the highest quality exclusive customer experience, and project delivery, no matter the scope of the project. Excellent levels of brand understanding, and awareness of client needs will be paramount for success within this role, as will the ability to work with and manage all stake holders in order to ensure that project executions provide maximum profitability and smooth running.
A technical design background is not essential but would be extremely useful for this role, with demonstrable creative thinking, and a good eye for aesthetic a must.
Practical design-led problem solving, and spatial/visual backgrounds would also be extremely beneficial as this role will require the ability to work easily with 2D and 3D designers, with the opportunity to take on elements of design should that skill set be present.
A very good understanding of briefing and managing artwork, and knowledge of print processes is essential.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Receiving briefs from clients, and working on initial stages of interpretation and planning alongside MD to define a project's scope and goals
- Work with Designers to create any required visuals, ensuring that the brief is accurate and communicated with the Design team efficiently
- Lead the 3D sampling stage
- Management of stages of client sign off and approval processes from brief through to delivery
- Exploring, developing, sampling and costing with various external partners, material and print suppliers, and formers
- Manage day to day communication, and transparency, with internal teams in order to run smoothly and effectively through each stage of a project
- Efficiently identifying and communicating when adaptation is required across the course of a project
- Establishment of client budget allocation, with control and overseeing of spend and client unit cost generation / quotations
- Ensuring and maintaining profitability across all projects
- Planning and scheduling project timelines, with generation and management of all critical paths, both internal and external
- Management of project administration and control documents, including all official documentation required for any external bodies
- Maintaining and updating systems or documents to ensure all is on track on a day to day, and week to week, basis
- Establishing material and elemental order calculations once final client orders and allocations are received
- Monitoring large and small deliveries, and working on in-house production scheduling with Production and Operations management
- Planning, resourcing, coordinating and running installations in tandem with the Production Manager and any external installation teams. These are mainly overnight installations, and on rare occasions outside of London
- Site surveying for internal production requirements, or to introduce external partners to specific sites for planning installations
- Coordinating and utilising project support staff, Project Coordinators and Assistants, where necessary
Essential skills and Experience
- Two yrs minimum within a similar business or creative environment required
- Strong demonstrable client facing PM experience
- Design / creative background and experience
- Exceptional organisational skills
- Ability to direct, manage and work alongside other team members and freelance partners
- A very good understanding of briefing artwork and knowledge of print processes
- Understanding of 3D Visual Merchandising for retail, either via experience in another similar agency/industry, or from working directly for a retail brand
- Familiarity and/or expertise with material and fabrication processes for 3D prop making
- Ability and ease with working across multiple projects running simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills and high standards of verbal and written English language
- Good level of numeracy required
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Excel
Nice to have
- Graphic or computer based design skills - Adobe creative suite (illustrator/Photoshop/in-design) / Sketch-up / CAD etc
- Practical and hands-on creativity
- Spatial / Visual background or qualifications
- Project Management qualification
- Experience of managing a junior team
Please send CV stating your salary expecations.
Creative Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.