Campaign, the world’s leading business media brand that champions creativity in the advertising, media and marketing communities, is looking for a talented and ambitious senior reporter to join their award-winning editorial team.
The journalist will head up and drive the brand experience coverage on Campaign across print, digital and live platforms, producing daily coverage on campaignlive.co.uk and the associated email bulletins such as Campaign Experiences.
The successful candidate will also be involved in writing features for the experiences channel, which covers everything from the marketing strategy behind a pop-up campaign, through to which brands are looking to grow their consumer fan base at this summer’s festivals.
The senior reporter will get to experience first-hand some of the country’s most dynamic branded events and cultural experiences and get to interview the creators and marketers behind them.
This multi-platform role includes general news reporting and commissioning features for the experiences channel. The senior reporter will work closely with the video team, attending industry events and live experiences to produce video stories covering the best brand activations across the UK.
The senior reporter will also liaise with the events team for the content, categories and judges for the Campaign Experience Awards and other live events within the brand experience portfolio.
Some of the desirable characteristics of the Senior Reporter are:
- A creative, highly motivated and experienced journalist, able to produce daily news and weekly features
- Razor-sharp writing skills to ensure all content is of the highest quality.
- Ability to commission features and choose compelling and entertaining opinion pieces
- A nose for spotting an insightful news story as well as a clear understanding of the kind of entertaining, shareable content to help grow traffic and drive engagement.
- An understanding of analytics and using real-time data to help shape the content of the experiences channel
- Passionate about the power of live as this role involves attending branded events on a weekly basis and building relationships within the community.
- Good command of forward planning and research.
- The ability to remain calm under pressure in the face of daily and weekly deadlines
- To ability to build exceptional contacts within the relevant industry
- A team player able to adapt to and operate effectively in a fast-paced and evolving environment.
- An interest in experiential in all its forms.
- Willing to attend evening events
- Flawless understanding of media law