Boutique retail design & production agency based in SW London are currently recruiting for their projects team.
This role will suit an existing Project Manager with experience of managing projects in a hands-on and 360 degree fashion, within a relevant creative industry (fashion/retail).
Managing the full end to end project process, with huge emphasis on client facing, this role will likely be dedicated to one large multi-project client at a time.
Reporting directly to the MD, this busy and dynamic role requires an energetic, creative and holistic approach to project management. Our client is looking for top class interpersonal skills, a detail orientated approach, and an absolute commitment to producing the highest quality exclusive customer experience, and project delivery, no
matter the scope of the project. Excellent levels of brand understanding, and awareness of client needs will be paramount for success within this role, as will the ability to work with and manage all stake holders in order to ensure that project executions provide maximum profitability and smooth running.
A technical design background is not essential but would be extremely useful for this role, with demonstrable creative thinking, and a good eye for aesthetic a must.
Practical design-led problem solving, and spatial/visual backgrounds would also be extremely beneficial as this role will require the ability to work easily with 2D and 3D designers, with the opportunity to take on elements of design should that skill set be
A very good understanding of briefing and managing artwork, and knowledge of print processes is essential.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities
(Note: Below points included but not limited to)
- Receiving briefs from clients, and working on initial stages of interpretation and planning alongside MD, and often a Senior Project Consultant, to define a project’s scope and goals
- Agree clear and attainable project objectives with the client, and see these through to completion
- Work with Designers to create any required visuals, ensuring that the brief is accurate and communicated with the Design team efficiently
- Lead and drive (potentially with a Project Consultant) the 3D sampling stage. This can be an extremely involved and heavy part of the project process so comfort with overseeing and managing this part of a job is essential
- Creative and practical troubleshooting throughout all stages of a project
- Management of stages of client sign off and approval processes
- Exploring, developing, sampling and costing with various external partners, material and print suppliers, and formers
- Exploring, developing, sampling and costing with in-house production team
- Main point of contact for clients, and external material/fabrication suppliers
- Lead in day-to-day communications with clients, with strong management of client expectations from brief through to delivery
- Lead in day to day communication, and transparency, with internal teams in order to run smoothly and effectively through each stage of a project
- Identifying and eradicating risks throughout the project course
- Efficiently identifying and communicating when adaptation is required across the course of a project, while ensuring (where appropriate) that clients, internal departments and external suppliers are always informed and working toward the
updated goal. Working with MD or Project Consultants to ensure that realistic re-planning is put into action in these instances
- Establishment of client budget allocation, with control and overseeing of spend and client unit cost generation / quotations. Likely alongside a project consultant in initial stages.
- Ensuring and maintaining profitability across all projects
- Planning and scheduling project timelines, with generation and management of all critical paths, both internal and external
- Management of project administration and control documents, including all official documentation required for any external bodies
- Maintaining and updating systems or documents to ensure all is on track on a day to day, and week to week, basis. The style of this can be personal as long as it is effective
- Establishing material and elemental order calculations once final client orders and allocations are received
- Placing orders in good time, and according to the internal critical path, in order to meet production and dispatch schedules and client delivery deadlines
- Monitoring large and small deliveries, and working on in-house production scheduling with Production and Operations management
- Planning, resourcing, coordinating and running installations in tandem with the Production Manager and any external installation teams. These are mainly overnight installations, and on rare occasions outside of London
- Site surveying for internal production requirements, or to introduce external partners to specific sites for planning installations
- Coordinating and utilising project support staff, Project Coordinators and Assistants, where necessary
- Resource planning and allocation, alongside Production and MD/Project Consultants
- Successfully managing, maintaining and strengthening client relationships
Essential skills and Experience
- Two years minimum within a similar business or creative environment required
- Strong demonstrable client facing PM experience
- Design / creative background and experience
- A very good understanding of briefing artwork and knowledge of print processes
- Understanding of 3D Visual Merchandising for retail, either via experience in another similar agency/industry, or from working directly for a retail brand
- Familiarity and/or expertise with material and fabrication processes for 3D prop making
- Ability and ease with working across multiple projects running simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills and high standards of verbal and written English language
- Good level of numeracy required
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Excel
Must have a good working knowledge and comfort in using Excel
- Graphic or computer based design skills – Adobe creative suite
(illustrator/Photoshop/in-design) / Sketch-up / CAD etc
- Practical and hands-on creativity
- Spatial / Visual background or qualifications
- Project Management qualification
- Experience of managing a junior team
Ideal Personal Attributes
- Exceptional organisational skills
- Creative thinker with strong eye for aesthetics and practical problem solving
- Strong attention to detail
- Hands-on approach to project and client management
- This role will suit a dynamic person with a lot of drive and passion toward their role in the business. Willingness to learn and grow personally, and with the business is essential
- Solution orientated and customer service driven
- Ability to act and think pro-actively and work confidently, both autonomously and as part of a team
- Efficiency, Practicality and ability to prioritise a must
- Ability to develop strong partnerships generally, and to work well within a small and dynamic team
- Ability to direct, manage and work alongside other team members and freelance partners.
This is a fantastic opportunity to win a small-medium sized independent and friendly consultancy who have been in business for over 20 years and boast a truly impressive long term client base.