With over twenty years in the market Third Sector has firmly positioned itself as the number one brand at the core of the charity and not-for-profit sector. Third Sector has a reputation for delivering high quality and trusted editorial content with a clear philosophy ‘to help charity and not-for-profit professionals to do their jobs better’.
Reporting to the business director for Third Sector you will be integral to growing and maximising the profit of Third Sector through generating commercial revenues across digital, print and live events platforms. Commercial revenues currently comprise paper-based and digital advertising, sponsorship and promotional revenues plus events sponsorship.
You will be responsible for managing a team of one sales resource initially and the intention is that this team will expand rapidly in line with growing revenues. The role requires you to lead from the front, spending >70% of your time generating revenue from phone and face-to-face client interactions.
Core to this role is the need to achieve and exceed quarterly and annual budgeted commercial revenues that fall under the remit of this position
Through this role you will be expected to:
- manage a group of key accounts and to profitably increase the revenues obtained from these.
- have a personal new client attraction and revenue target
- spearhead the development of new high value “solutions-based” activity and generate significant new primarily, digital revenues from this approach.
- set (in conjunction with the Business Director) and adhere to key yield, forward booked revenues and performance standards
- analyse and prioritise the focus of sales effort and establish and adapt client territories in line with client and market developments
- establish clear performance management standards for your direct report. These to be used to review the focus of effort, productivity and performance.
- adhere to company policies and process regarding obtaining, recording and processing bookings
- use Salesforce as a key business tool in forecasting and projecting revenues and to record all meaningful client interactions through this.
- provide accurate and timely forecasts and revenue projections in line with company and the business director’s requirements
- monitor and review indirect and direct competitor activity and to formally record their performances and make and implement recommendations based on these
This position would suit an ambitious and talented sales leader with a track record of growing revenues across digital, print and events platforms; excellent key client relationship management skills, plus demonstrable success in leading and managing commercial teams.