Account Manager - TV production
Account Manager role at one of the most famous and established ATL agencies in London, to work on one of their largest and long-standing pieces of business - a global FMCG giant.
The remit on this piece of business includes leading the brand across the UK and European and Nordic territories. The focus of the work primarily relates to independently running the production and delivery of all of the television campaigns across Northern Europe.
The approach to the production of the TV communications is a bespoke testimonial model. The TV executions are extremely localised and relevant to each individual market. The process involves recruiting and vetting professionals rather than actors, sourcing and partnering with local, 3rd party production companies, managing the pre-production process remotely from London, leading the in-market shoot with local production team, overseeing all post-production in London, and delivering the ads through local markets’ respective TVC delivery platforms.
We work in close collaboration with the clients global team to ensure the work meets the global guidelines and toolkit, but also so that features and brings out the nuances of the local requirements and local language and culture.
The new employee will work into a Business Director, but will need to operate quite independently to oversee this piece of business. This employee will independently manage communications with all of the markets’ respective Marketing Managers and Marketing Directors and will own the relationship with the Area Marketing Director. This role comes with a high degree of autonomy so it’s critical that the employee can operate effectively with little oversight.
Account Management Basics
• Drives the day to day – works with Creative Producer to lead status meetings and set timings for projects
• Strong grasp of process; brand planning, research, creative development and production, always anticipating next step in process and pulling in the relevant resource
• Calm, resilient and decisive – calm under pressure and decisive in dealing with setbacks and challenges
• Understands channel best practice – role of TV, press, outdoor, radio, digital reach vs engagement platforms, social etc.
• Development of leadership skills, specifically learning how to delegate to and manage Account Executives/Interns, coaching them on their role in creative and production processes
• Strong internal relationships with creative, planning, production and finance and is go to person across all parts of the process
• Commitment to diverse client portfolio straddling different categories, global and domestic business and taking opportunities to work on pitches when workload allows
• Impacting the work
• Oversees prep for and delivery of all creative meetings; proven ability to co-ordinate and contribute to inspiring briefings, reviews and client presentations
• Critical eye in reviewing work - asks the right questions, vocal in challenging where necessary; does it answer brief and is it consistent with client's cultural ambition?
Making the work
• Selling work – Confident in presenting to clients at brand manager level
• Understanding different shapes of creativity – demonstrates a flexibility in approach to editorial and film content, working collaboratively with external production/entertainment partners and talent to deliver the right shape of content for the client
• Familiar with client’s commercial performance by engaging with basic sales and profit analysis on an ongoing basis
• Understands connection between agency’s communications performance and client KPIs (awareness, sales, financial performance via share price and investment, reputation etc.)
• Total oversight of all billables – Partners account biller and production to ensure transparent communications with client at every stage.
• Demonstrating commercial efficiencies and commitment to cost savings for client. Must have led delivery of project reconciliations.
• Enable accurate profitability reporting by driving time reporting and capturing T&E correctly
• Stick to process – minimize and eliminate write offs and ensure the Agency doesn’t commit itself to work without client approved budgets
• Client relationship strategy – builds calendar around events and experiences that will drive clients’ cultural ambitions for their brands
• Creative output – finger on the pulse with popular culture and a POV on how it might be relevant to the agency's clients. Identifies resulting strategic and creative opportunities.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED / NICE TO HAVE?
• Experience in TV production ideally in European markets
• Experience delivering TV copies via local market TVC delivery platforms
• Experience in regulated category/experience working through legal approvals, etc.
• Experience working on an FMCG brand
• Experience working on a global piece of business
• Languages would be a bonus