Sales Executive - Haymarket Automotive
1 day left
Are you looking to start your career in media sales? Or are you already a Sales Executive looking for your next challenge? A rare and exciting opportunity has arisen for a Sales Executive to come and join our What Car? team, in our Automotive Division.
Reporting into the Sales Director, you will be responsible for generating revenues from Franchised Car Dealers across our New Car offering.
You will be a hard working, driven, confident and outgoing individual looking to be part of a winning team. On a day-to-day basis your focus will be on generating revenue from new business, as well as account managing existing clients and spending time speaking to prospective clients in a competitive and vibrant marketplace. This is an office role based role, though some face to face meetings will be required and previous sales experience would be preferred. What Car? is a demanding, target focused sales environment, where success is rewarded and could be the first step on your journey to a great sales career.
We are offering a competitive salary that is in line with your experience. You will also have the chance to earn commission on a monthly basis with targets based on individual and team performance..
We offer excellent training and career progression opportunities both within the team and across other divisions at Haymarket. Your next steps may include more senior roles such as Senior Sales Executive, or Account Manager.
About Haymarket Automotive
Haymarket Automotive (HMA) comprises What Car?, Autocar, Classic & Sports Car and Car and Accessory Trader (CAT) - four brilliant brands that are world famous for informing and entertaining car buyers, sellers and owners which share the goal of leading in their chosen marketplaces.
Our reputation is built on quality journalism, slick marketing, product innovation and dogged and skilled salescraft, all in support of digital and print products that lead the market. No other automotive brand interacts with consumers and the car industry so comprehensively or is as well respected by its audience.
Whatever we do, we aim to be the best - and that starts with our teams and the way we place them at the heart of everything we do.
Our working culture
Our team culture is friendly, vibrant and sociable. We have just as much fun after hours - be it drinks with colleagues, awards ceremonies, sports teams, or our infamous annual Haymarket Awards. There is a relaxed vibe in our offices and we give you the tools to work flexibly, move around our environment freely and collaborate with your colleagues.
Other benefits include:
- Competitive salary and commission scheme
- Comprehensive training and career development programme
- 25 days holiday per year (increasing 1 day per year of service up to 30 days)
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- Season ticket loan on passing probationary period
- Discounts on magazine subscriptions and other employee discounts
- Regular individual and team rewards and incentives for outstanding performance
The Ideal Candidate
- Expected to build relationships, increase market share and grow revenue within this fast moving and competitive environment.
- Self starter, conscientious and driven.
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Able to work with a team and independently
- Someone who works with integrity & ambition to succeed
- A strategic thinker to establish new revenue opportunities and build on these ideas
- Strong business acumen and commercial understanding
- Highly organised with excellent time management skills
- An exceptional communicator and negotiator
- Someone who faces challenges with positivity and tenacity
- Excellent written skills
- Good computer skills
Come and join us and see for yourself how Haymarket is a rewarding, exciting and fun place to work!