Capability Manager, Communications and Media Relations
We are transforming Global Communications and we’re currently looking to hire a Capability Manager, Communications & Media Relations for our Lausanne, Switzerland office to support our Global Communications department at Philip Morris International Management SA. This person will play an active role in the biggest transformation in the history of our company. We’re dedicated to doing something very dramatic – replacing cigarettes with smoke-free products that we’re developing, assessing and commercializing.
Communications skills have to keep pace with the speed of our transformation. This person will help build capacity within PMI’s cadre of communications professionals, executives, spokespeople and other stakeholders that can support a new kind of communications and engagement strategy. It is a job that requires a solid understanding of new techniques in communications and engagement, modern methods for executive training, and a strong sense of how communications supports global strategy across our business. This person will oversee capacity building programs and will be charged with ensuring that they add value to organization and support the bold smoke-free vision as laid out by our leadership.
This job benefits our business by equipping a deeper cadre of people who can serve as better external ambassadors for the company. These are the people who can propel progress on the smoke-free vision of PMI as our brand champions and explainers-in-chief.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Coordinate training programs including communications basics, executive branding, campaigning skills and movement building, transformation communications and public engagement.
- Lead development of curriculum development and implementation of learning programs.
- Build executive training programs building from best-practices from across industries
- Oversee and implement Campaign Boot-Camps taking place within key markets
- Conduct trainings at appropriate levels and be able to move with agility from manager to implementer to facilitator in both in-person and virtual training environments
- Manage team of executives running programs to ensure high-quality, agile implementation and best-in-class ideas
- Develop workplans and contracts as needed and oversee projects to ensure timely delivery of products
- Oversee and engage in recruitment of internal clients for training program
- Monitor progress and provide regular feedback to the VP, Communications Transformation, and others within the organization as needed.
- Liaise with teams in digital and transformation to make resources available to a broad community of PMI professionals
- Measure impact of programs and trainings, making modifications as quickly as possible to deliver the best results
- Ensure that liaison with Global Communications team colleagues is productive and timely.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and skills:
- Proven track record of success in media training and executive learning
- Ability to take on new projects with creativity (and often without precedent)
- Familiarity with best practices in online training tools
- Familiarity with social media channels and how to leverage them in building internal capability
- Ability to train and explain to others basic concepts about PMI’s smoke-free vision
- Good project management
- Excellent writing skills
Are you a person who understands the importance of putting people at the center of world-class communications? Are you passionate about the transformation underway at PMI and how to? Are you ready to put an entrepreneurial mindset to work within a global organization and international team? Do you feel comfortable in situations that require active listening and real-time engagement with internal stakeholders via digital channels, sharing and follow-up?
WHY WORK FOR US?
Why work for us? Here are 3 reasons to work for PMI:
1) We’re international: Our global workforce of more than 82,000 is one of our greatest strengths and our employees speak more than 80 languages
2) We’re flexible: your work fits you and not the other way round, thanks to our Flexible Work Arrangement Program; and
3) We’re a certified top employer: This position will advance your experience with innovative technologies, services, and processes. Backed by an attractive salary and compensation package, you will work in a professional setting with clients and team members from all over the world.
Philip Morris International: Building a Smoke-Free Future
Philip Morris International (PMI) is leading a transformation in the tobacco industry to create a smoke-free future and ultimately replace cigarettes to the benefit of adults who would otherwise continue to smoke, society, the company and its shareholders. PMI is a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, smoke-free products and associated electronic devices and accessories, and other nicotine containing products in markets outside the U.S.
PMI is building a future on a new category of smoke-free products that, while not risk-free, are a much better choice than continuing to smoke. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities and scientific substantiation, PMI aims to ensure that its smoke-free products meet adult consumer preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. PMI’s smoke-free IQOS product portfolio includes heated tobacco and nicotine-containing vapor products.
As of September 30, 2018, PMI estimates that approximately 5.9 million adult smokers around the world have already stopped smoking and switched to PMI’s heated tobacco product, which is currently available for sale in 43 markets in key cities or nationwide under the IQOS brand. For more information, see our PMI and PMIScience websites.
PMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A valid work permit is required for this position.