We are currently recruiting for an Insight Executive who will be responsible for providing research services and data for commercial and publishing teams across print and digital, to support brand and departmental strategy. Our client is a fast-growing, multi-platform media business based in West London.
- Work closely with the publisher and editor to provide insight around editorial content (print and online), product development and strategy. Insight will cover both quantitative and qualitative projects, via online reader panel and other sources.
- Work closely with ad director and advertising sales teams to provide commercial insight; projects might include internal category surveys to support advertising strategy, ad effectiveness projects or paid-for projects for clients, plus analysis of secondary audience data to support sales arguments.
- Work with Insight Manager to ensure effective recruitment, usage and engagement of reader panel.
- Provide training and support for internal teams (primarily advertising) on data systems.
- Work closely with the Communications team to provide insight to support PR activity for brands.
- Stay up to date with media industry and key category insight and information and be responsible for distributing around business.
- Incorporating publishing and editorial research into sales materials where appropriate to enhance sales stories and provide additional reader/user insight
- Significant research or related experience
- An understanding of research processes and techniques, including experience of questionnaire/survey writing, design and presenting
- Experience of industry research tools, systems and information sources such as: NRS, TGI, YTGI, TGI Clickstream, Ad Dynamix and Comscore
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Project planning skills to manage multiple projects and work streams
- Thinks "beyond the now" with an ability to continually improve and develop
- Flexible attitude towards work
- Organised and accurate with strong attention to detail
Organisation & Management
- Good planner and organiser.
- Assumes responsibility and understands when there are peaks and troughs in workload.
- Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of projects/tasks.
- Organises work and resources to meet deadlines.
- Uses initiative to step in where necessary.
- Measures performance against goals and evaluates results.
- Builds appropriate rapport easily at all levels.
- Engaging and open and uses tact & diplomacy.
- Brings relevant debate to the table.
- Communicates effectively in one to one, small and large groups, with peers, management and direct reports.
- Commands attention and can adapt style and approach to different audiences.
- Writes clearly and succinctly and ensures that the message comes across helpfully and as intended.
- Understands complex and difficult situations and develops an accurate assessment of what needs to be done.
- Identifies cause and effect chains.
- Uses analytical techniques to resolve different priorities.
- Undertakes a thorough analysis of problems.
- Breaks things down in to component parts.
For a complete spec, please register your interest. We regret only successful candidates will be contacted.