Within Ogilvy there are 150 people 100% dedicated to Business to Business. We think of ourselves as creative problem solvers, asking the hard questions, solving business and marketing challenges for B2B clients.
Solutions are inspired by data and insight and require an understanding of the channel, and the ability to support mar tech platforms. There is no one size fits all solution because contrary to popular belief, B2B isn’t a single homogenous sector.
Our goal is to help clients unlock the value in their customers and prospects and to Make their Brands Matter, now and in the future. We help Marketing balance the need for short term returns as well as long term investment.
As an Art Director you will be responsible for the look of the overall finished product. You will be involved in creating a campaign that has an instant, positive impact on the consumer in order to promote the product or brand being worked on. You will work in close partnership with other creatives and have input to the copywriting as well. Overall, you will produce big picture marketing for big picture clients.
- To remain up-to-date with new ideas, techniques and styles (i.e. art, films, TV programmes, music, fashion, trends etc).
- To actively seek inspiration from the external environment to influence creativity.
- Understand and appreciate the nature and value of client brands.
- Proficient in discussing the client's core message and target audience.
- Ability to generate lots of fresh, original ideas from a brief.
- Serve as creative lead on multiple accounts and projects.
- Understand the strategic business intent of specific projects and audience/customer goals.
- Work with and report to Associate Creative Directors and Creative Directors to ensure maximum effectiveness of various concepts.
- Work closely with a team to do whatever it takes to improve the work better.
- Provide direction to Senior Designers and other mid-level creatives.
- A strong communicator, comfortable presenting ideas and owning a client relationship.
People Management & your profile:
- Build key relationships with Account Management, Planning & Traffic departments.
- Meet regularly with relevant departments to discuss the client's requirements and core messages.
- Portray a helpful and innovative image for the Creative Department.
- Ability to not only direct creative teams but physically generate amazing work.
- Proven ability to communicate creative solutions with confidence, ease and clarity.
- Understand commerciality and client budgets when briefing a team and agreeing workstreams.
- Professional understanding of typography in both print and screen media.
- Strong understanding of information design and the topology of information for the web.
- Experience with display media banners and site-based design.
- Full understanding of browser/platform constraints as they affect online design.
- Understanding of Social Media and experience with Social Media efforts a huge plus.
- To think creatively and devise imaginative and intelligent campaigns based on client briefs.
- To push boundaries of original thinking to explore new creative solutions.
- To communicate creative ideas effectively to a wide audience of varying levels of creative knowledge.
- To translate the strategic creative concept into different creative executions to be presented to the client.
- To execute creative ideas to the highest standard involving and communicating with the necessary creative team.
- To modify initial ideas into workable concepts until the client is satisfied.
- To align the art direction with copy and vice versa.
- To oversee the production phase, booking and liaising with designers, illustrators, printers, photographers and production companies.
- Being highly creative and imaginative, and curious about clients' products and services.
- Communicating ideas or moods visually through B2B marketing.
- Experience of working within a Creative team for a Communications Agency, specifically within B2B.
- Relevant qualifications within marketing, design or related subjects.
- Thorough knowledge of design software; PhotoShop, Illustrator, Freehand, InDesign, Flash, and HTML.
- Expert knowledge of the industry and an understanding of the creative process.
- Actively seeks out new ideas, techniques and styles generally (ie art, films, TV programmes, music, fashion, trends etc).
- You’re influential and can inspire the Creative Department.
- Seeks out to understand why loyal customers buy certain products.
- Acts in the best interest of the brand and Ogilvy at all times.
- Researching competitor activities and successful campaigns being delivered by other agencies.
- Is highly creative and imaginative, and curious about clients' products and services.
- Can communicate ideas or moods visually through advertising.
- Has excellent computer skills in relevant art and design software packages.
- Technical excellence in creating original concepts.
- Has a thorough understanding of photography, typography and printing techniques.
- Skilled in writing clear, concise and grammatically correct copy. Has a strong eye for detail.
- Has an understanding of the different visual styles that appeal to various target markets.
- Strong listening and interpretation skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Can work under pressure and manage workloads effectively.
- Can work within strict budgets.
- Is able to see other people's points of view and take on board feedback.
- Works well within a pair and also cross departments.
- Is highly self-motivated and well organised.