Conference Producer Healthcare Sector
We are looking for a Conference Producer to work for a leading integrated media and marketing services company that sits at the heart of a community of 220,000 highly-engaged healthcare professionals. Their events range from small, bespoke events for individual clients to large conferences and exhibitions with up to 1,000 attendees. This role sits within the events team responsible for the conferences and events which go alongside their magazine brands. It is a close-knit, sociable team, driven by delivering and exceeding KPIs of attendance, delegate satisfaction and commerciality which is achieved by working together to constantly come up with new ideas. Whilst there are personnel within the team responsible for logistics, marketing, sales etc., the production team hold a project management role and are targeted against revenue and delegate footfall..
The primary responsibilities for this role are:
• Programme development on a series on events for GPs covering a range of clinical and non-clinical issues: 5 multi-stream conferences and at least 5 seminars
• Primary research, desk research and consultation with internal advisers and external advisory boards to understand key drivers as well as keeping up to date with editorial content to ensure brand synergy
• Project management of events including
• Sponsor liaison (pre and post sale)
• Speaker recruitment and management in run up to event including speaker briefings
• Negotiating expenses and organising travel/accommodation where appropriate
• Assembling speaker materials i.e. biographies
• Receiving presentations
• Post event analysis and feedback
• On site management of conference programme and speakers
• On site assistance at other events outside of personal portfolio
• Staying up to date on the latest issues affecting primary care
Supporting events marketing campaigns
• Working with the marketing team to develop marketing messaging and USPs
• Monitoring of audiences to target and reasons why they would attend
• Providing copy for emails, websites and brochures
• Coordination and management of contra and media partnerships to increase brand reach
• Constantly developing your knowledge of the healthcare sector
• Tracking the activity of direct competitors in our sector
• Keeping abreast of wider developments in the business information marketplace and liaising with SPEX to ensure this is reflected in commercial content
• Proactively suggesting new processes and ways of working to improve results
• Investigating new formats and ways of engaging delegates at events
• Constantly developing your understanding of the needs and motivators of our target audiences and supporter and filtering this to internal stakeholders (including marketing and sales) to improve and refine the events
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 12 months experience in creating content for B2B events within either a conference production or agency role and/or a relevant science/medical degree.
Candidates should be driven by seeing an event achieve its target as well as the overall success of the team. They should be confident in taking responsibility for their events and working autonomously whilst ensuring that all key stakeholders in the team are up to date with event progress. As events may be repeated several times through a year, the right candidate will be motivated by becoming an expert in the field/topic and be driven to constantly find new ways to engage the audience.
The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines is essential. The successful candidate must be able to multitask, working on multiple projects simultaneously. Candidates should have an understanding of commercial drivers to events and ability to identify and resolve potential conflict between delegate and sponsor objectives.