Social Strategist - Social and Content
Introduction to Ogilvy
At Ogilvy we make brands matter.
We make them matter for years, for quarters and for right now.
There is a prevailing wisdom or narrative that perhaps brands no longer matter as much in the era of micro-targeting, technology and perfect data.
But we believe that brands have never mattered more as navigation aids and beacons of trust for consumers.
We are 1200 creative problem solvers working together to get to less ordinary answers to client’s challenges.
If that sounds like somewhere you want to be, read on…
Introduction to Strategy at Ogilvy
We want to be the home of Creative Intelligence.
We put creativity at the heart of everything we do. Because we are a creative network.
Creativity is the first, greatest competitive advantage in business. Original thinking.
Strategy is the oxygen for that creativity – knowledge, experience, insight, data, informing or inspiring the work that we do.
We separate the useful from the interesting, to get to less ordinary answers.
We’re a diverse bunch of thinkers – Brand Strategists and Data Analysts, Experience Design to Insight, Social and Content experts to CRM wizards.
If that still sounds like somewhere you want to be, read on.
Your Role at Ogilvy
Expectations as a Strategist
interrogate client needs and problems and articulate the strategic requirements
- Interpret a client brief
- Understand different aspects of a client business and different motivations (marketing, sales, IT)
- Understand the difference between business objective, marketing objective, comms objective and social objective and the ability to define each for key projects.
- Conduct SWOT analysis for client communications and their competitors
- Understand key data and ability to synthesise it.
Insight Creation: Finding things out, filtering them, rethinking them laterally to inspire.
Synthsise and communicate insight from brands, audience, culture and category and understand different sources of insight
- Understand the different types of research and when best to use what.
- Knowledge of key research sources (Mintel, Social Listening, GWI, WARC, Google Analytics).
- Consistently demonstrates ability to synthesise implications from analysis.
- Create and present summaries of platform innovations, trend reports and competitor activity.
- Participate in and lead elements of insight workshops.
- Understands the principles and practices of consumer segmentation and personas.
- Understanding of the basic principles of behavioural economics.
See the alternative strategic routes for a problem and articulate the chosen one
- Understands and can articulate the components of business brand, communications and social strategy (targeting, positioning, brand architecture, product concepts, consumer journey, business planning, channel mix, content planning and execution)
- Draft an inspiring briefing document and deliver an original briefing.
- Understanding of strategic territories and concepts and ability to write each of these.
- Write a single minded creative brief, project brief or proposal to client.
Ideation: Helping creative & other disciplines come up with better ideas, faster.
Enthusiastically support the creation of an idea that is right for audience & brand
· Consistently documents and shares great work and inspiring examples with the wider team.
· Act as 'stimulus guru' for the creative process,
· Facilitate creative brainstorms.
· Able to identify and articulate 'The Idea’
· Act as 'stimulus guru' for the creative process, feeding things into the teams in a relevant and timely way.
Prototyping and Storytelling: Defining the idea, proving, communicating & selling it.
Bring to life an idea and create a compelling story to frame it.
· Can clearly articulate the different types of ideas (brand, campaign, tactical, reactive, execution).
· Confident representing data in new visual ways and using it to tell a story.
· Can frame a strategic argument logically clearly linking the strategy to the creative solution.
· Deliver clear and articulate presentations tailored to audience.
· Understands the benefits of a test & learn strategy can create testing hypothesis
Take an idea and bring it to life across channels and the customer journey
· Explain the pros and cons of different channels for task and audience.
· Document and visualise simple experience journeys in clear and compelling ways.
· Interact with media experts to assist in creating media plans that work in conjunction with creative strategy
· Interact with creatives to design multiple versions of assets for micro-targeting and optimisation
· Can write a channel plan across paid, owned, influencer and earned media.
· Knows the value of different channels and platforms, can articulate their role within an idea and help optimise ideas to work in these environments.
Measurement and Effectiveness: Proving if, how and why the work created real value for the business and consumers
Understand the mechanics of effectiveness and how to build a case.
· Understands the logic of social media measurement and how to prove effectiveness
· Understands media results and can strategise how we improve creative to optimise results
· Support writer on awards papers.
· Easy speaker, comfortable and convincing in client meetings.
· Organized and autonomous.
· Strong analytic skills.
· Constantly pushing the creative work, with a desire for excellence
· Social media enthusiast with an established understanding of the wider digital communications landscape. Left and right brained: demonstrate creativity in data analysis and understanding.
· Builds strong relationships social media partners to stay up to date with digital media innovation and leverage them to create cutting edge work.
· Recent and relevant experience developing social media content strategies for organisations across a range of sectors.
· Proven ability to independently manage multiple priorities in a fast paced and deadline driven environment.
· Understands how Social Media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.) work and keeps knowledge on current formats and tactics up to date.
· Proven experience in driving content ideas and executions.
· Ability to interact with stakeholders – junior to senior, knows how to educate and convince
The Ogilvy Values
We have a set of five values that we expect everybody in the agency to sign up to. It’s not a set of rules, but it is a set of beliefs about how we go about our daily lives that we think helps set expectations of the kind of folk we look for.
Divine Discontent: We always seek the less ordinary
Relentless Curiosity: Just try it
Adaptive Connection: Everyone matters, embrace difference
Pervasive Creativity: Put creativity first
Eternal Craft: Care about every detail
What can you expect from us?
A fun and fulfilling working environment.
Guidance and full support from senior leadership team members.
Being part of a tight-knit team of people willing to go out of their way for each other