Head of Marketing - Professional Associations Portfolio
Part of the events’ division, we are looking for an experienced exhibition marketing professional to lead our marketing team through the division’s exciting next stage of growth of partnering with some of the UK’s largest and most influential trade bodies and membership organisations.
Heading up the strategic vision and tactical delivery of a portfolio of large scale exhibitors and conferences the right candidate will have experience in a B2B exhibition marketing environment, creating and overseeing marketing strategies that translate into customer-centric, revenue generating campaigns. Tenacious and results-driven, this individual will have the desire to elevate things that work to the next level whilst effectively troubleshooting areas requiring attention both within the team and on individual campaigns.
We are happy to consider strong marketing managers for this role, but they must be able to demonstrate strategic thinking and give detailed examples of how they have contributed to the success of the companies they have worked for previously.
Haymarket is an award winning B2B media and information company. Our market-leading brands help their audiences when it really matters - from buying their next car to changing their careers. It takes true expertise to earn that kind of trust, which is why we only employ market specialists.
Over 16,000 companies around the globe turn to Haymarket to help their businesses grow.
They know that we're expert in speaking to audiences at the right time, on the right platform. And we do it in a way that creates a powerful, lasting relationship that delivers real results.
Why work with us?
People are our greatest asset here at Haymarket Media Group. We pride ourselves on being the best specialist media company in the world and we’re hard-wired to produce brilliant content for our readers and event attendees, with over 16,000 companies around the globe turning to us to help their businesses grow. Join us and you will work on market-leading brands to help create powerful and lasting relationships that deliver real results, all while developing your own career.
Our working culture
Our team culture is friendly, vibrant and sociable but driven and focused to deliver commercial success for our clients and for the company as a whole. We have just as much fun after hours, too - be it drinks with colleagues, awards ceremonies, sports teams, or our infamous annual Haymarket Awards. We work in a collaborative and performance led environment and we give you the tools to work flexibly, move around our environment freely and collaborate with your colleagues.
Other benefits include
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive training and career development programme
- 25 days holiday per year (increasing 1 day per year of service up to 30 days)
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- Season ticket loan on passing probationary period
- Discounts on magazine subscriptions and other employee discounts
- Regular individual and team rewards and incentives for outstanding performance
- Experience in a B2B events marketing environment, direct exposure to large scale exhibitions
- A strong track record of leading a marketing strategy across multiple events with evidence of marketing revenue growth
- Experience in managing and developing other marketers
- Experience of implementing various paid-for conference marketing strategies
- Well-versed in creating regular tracking reports for the wider and senior management team and embedding the importance of this within the team
- Expert understanding of digital marketing principles with understanding of SEO, PPC and CRM for lead-generation
- Experience of marketing large scale exhibitions with visitor numbers > 5,000 is essential
- Experience of developing Exprom, Delprom & Visprom acquisition strategies in a large scale exhibition environment
- Strong IT skills, with ability to pick up new systems quickly (e.g. Sales Force, CMS, Email Management Platforms etc)
- Evidence of developing team members
- Strong stakeholder management experience (e.g. government bodies, trade bodies, associations)
- Strong presentation skills
- Association and membership body experience
- International marketing experience
- Additional languages spoken
- Experience in undertaking extensive pricing and competitor analysis to create strong value propositions for each of our products
- Ability to lead from the front while not shying away from rolling up their sleeves when necessary
- Continually monitor successes and failures to adapt campaigns accordingly
- Continually review quality of team copywriting, web usability, social media engagement and other marcomms channels to ensure the highest standards are always upheld
- Brave and unafraid of trying new things and ways of working
- Strong leadership skills, to lead a group of young and enthusiastic marketers to perform and fulfil their potential
- Jointly with the Director of Events create a positive, creative and lively working environment
- Ability to thrive in a challenging, fast-paced and high-pressure environment
- Can-do approach when challenged with a range of complex projects across a growing events portfolio
- Highly organised and structured planner with the ability to deliver projects and campaigns on time
- Commercially aware
- Clear and confident communicator: able to manage upwards and achieve buy-in from the wider team when implementing new strategies
- Actively seek out examples of innovation and marketing best-practice across the business to encourage joined-up thinking across the business
- Manage a team of 5 and drive performance on a daily, weekly and quarterly basis, including problem-solving and leading by example
- Upskill and nurture the team to grow professionally as marketers, support their career pathways within the company and improve employee retention rates; line-management of all team members, including personal development plans and recruitment
- Set KPIs and support the team in exceeding these, in addition to assigned revenue and audience targets for each event
- Ensure the team is always appropriately staffed to deliver the Budgeted revenue figures
- Lead the strategy for all marketing campaigns within the portfolio across multiple channels, including, Partners, Lead Generation, CRM, Website and SEO to aid exhibitor, visitor, delegate and sponsorship acquisition and retention
- Oversee all marketing activity in the division
- Evolve our detailed campaign tracking reports on the success of media mix and use to develop the strategy across the events portfolio
- Manage the full marketing budget and report on ROI
- Diversify marketing efforts and embrace new channels with clear key performance indicators to ensure ROI
- Responsible for the quality of the marketing efforts carried out by the team, including data selection, data optimisation, copy for email marketing etc
- Ensure all website copy is commercially driven and SEO optimised
- Understand product and competitor offerings to ensure messaging remains appropriate and effective
- Own the brand pack for each portfolio, evolve according to brand strategy and use to create brand awareness in each market
- Leading the team to use data better, improve data efficiency of campaigns and use analysis tools to drive better business decisions
- Identify shortfalls within the database and put together business cases for new data procurement / builds
- Work with Data team and other internal stakeholders to help grow and improve our prospects’ database, by creating business cases to invest
- Review data selections within the team to ensure data is relevant to topic, active and performing well
- Review the schedule to reduce internal competition for data and ensure there is not too much cross-over in data universes
- Manage the external relationship with our key partners and association stakeholders
- Report to partners on a regular basis
- Attend partner board meetings and present annual marketing strategy and monthly performance updates
- Devise strategy in conjunction with Director of Events and report regularly on performance and delivery
- Managing internal relationships with Associations Business Director and colleagues in Operations, Production, Finance, Data and Sales teams
- Work with our editorial teams to evolve our media marketing strategy through internal publications, and embed collaborative processes that will support the growth of the events portfolio