Senior Data Engineer 6 Month Contract
Job Title: Senior Data Engineer
A leading full-service Digital Agency in London, are in need of an experienced Data Engineer. This is an initial 6 month engagement and a great opportunity to work with a renowned Digital agency that work with the likes of Google, Nike and Samsung to name just a few!
Key skills/experience required:
- A degree from a computing related field.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience working with large data sets.
- Hands-on experience building systems for ingesting data through web scraping and web-based APIs.
- Experience with APIs of social media such as Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
- Experience in designing ETL architectures, databases and data lakes.
- Advanced skills in languages including SQL, Python and Bash.
- Ability to conduct web scraping using libraries such as BS4 and Selenium.
- Understanding of Microservices based software architecture design patterns.
- Ability to work comfortably with the following data science stack: Notebooks, Pandas, Numpy, Scipy, Jupyter.
- Ability to work comfortably with the following web dev stack: Flask, SQLAlchemy, Celery, Requests, Psycopg2, Boto3.
- Experience with technologies including: Docker Containers and Compose, Nginx, Redis, RavbbitMQ.
- Previous experience with Atlassian Jira and Confluence.
It will also be advantageous to have an understanding of:
- Knowledge of tools used for scheduling such as Airflow/Luigi.
- Data processing knowledge such as: Apache Kafka, Spark, Hadoop, Hive.
- Experience with Kuberenetes and GCP for container deployment and scaling.
- Experience with machine learning - TensorFlow and SKLearn.
- Understanding of NLP and have experience with spacy Gensim and NLTK.
This is a rare opportunity to work with an exciting agency that has a more than impressive portfolio of clients and work. If you are available for a new engagement within the next month and have the skills required to excel in this fantastic role then get in touch ASAP!