Senior Direct Marketing Manager – National Children’s Charity
Senior Direct Marketing Manager – National Children’s Charity – Central London - To £45k + excellent benefits
One of the UK’s most popular children’s charities is seeking a Senior Direct Marketing Manager to oversee acquisition campaign activity. This position offers a genuine work-life balance.
This role is EXCLUSIVE to Fill Recruitment, so you won’t see it advertised anywhere else.
This much-loved charity is seeking an experienced Direct Marketer with a solid track record in leading on strategy, campaign planning and delivery within charity fundraising.
If you are adept at handling budgets, agency contract negotiation and people management, this Senior Direct Marketing Manager role could be a great fit.
You will assume day-to-day responsibility for delivery of the charity’s extensive Direct Dialogue regular giving campaigns, including door-drop activity, private site, telephone fundraising and digital lead generation.
You will also help to shape and deliver the department’s strategy by developing and establishing both existing and new channels to recruit individual donors.
The role reports into the Deputy Director for Direct Marketing and you will lead your own team. You will actively contribute to departmental strategy and produce effective and useful reporting and budgeting on campaign activity.
The Direct Marketing team is a dynamic department with considerable and varied responsibility – from acquisition and retention of individual cash and committed giving supporters to the management of the charity’s raffle, retail and legacy marketing income streams.
The team is passionate and ambitious in pursuit of optimising the recruitment and retention of committed supporters and always striving to find new ways to engage them over the long term.
You will be joining a passionate team that aspires to bring the brand to life through inspirational fundraising.
You are a senior, experienced member of a direct marketing team within the charity fundraising sector and used to optimising your team and agencies’ performance, creating and evaluating strategy and developing KPIs to perform against challenging targets.
Specifically you will also have:
• Experience in writing compelling business cases, with supporting resource and financial projections to gain investment for testing
• Experience of negotiating contracts and pricing with agency partners; and undertaking budgets and reforecasts
• Demonstrable line-management experience, with the ability to inspire staff to deliver their best
• An understanding of the challenges of door-to-door, private site, telephone fundraising, data buying, prospecting and digital campaigning to inform strategy
• A high level of numeracy and intermediate Excel skills to effectively collate and interpret regular direct marketing reports
• An entrepreneurial and proactive approach, with exceptional written and oral communication skills
The ideal candidate will also have:
• Significant experience of planning and managing direct-dialogue campaigns
• Understanding and experience of digital marketing
• Relevant Marketing Degree and / or professional qualification
Salary and benefits
The salary is to £45k plus 30 days’ holiday, life assurance, enhanced employer pension contributions and a discounted season-ticket loan.