Delegate Sales Executive
This is a sales role within the forums and awards division at Haymarket Business Media. The role will require you to work across a number of brands within HBM including Campaign, C&IT, PRWeek, Horticulture Week, Third Sector and Planning.
We are looking for a dedicated and motivated delegate sales executive who will be able to help drive delegate revenue/acquisition for an array of different forums and awards.
● Delegate conversion sales, including delegate recruitment, award entries and table sales
● Lead sourcing from competitor events/awards
● Qualifying prospects to ensure they meet the criteria of each event
● Managing/building own pipeline and follow-up calls
● Liaising with senior management, producers, event managers, marketing and data team on sales strategy, sales pitches, objection management and target market profiling
● Reporting to Groups Sales Manager with pipeline/forecast/conversion rates
● Attending brand and event meetings when needed.
We are looking for a sales executive with all the skills required to be successful in this role (articulate, numerate, and a team player) but we also want somebody to bring their own flair to our business. You will be the brand ambassador for all projects you are working on, so it is imperative that you quickly familiarise yourself with the portfolio and all the teams involved in each project/event.
Delegate sales experience would be a bonus but is not essential (ongoing training will be provided).
Key Skills Required:
● Excellent telephone manner
● Goal driven, resilient and hungry to win business
● The ability to 'deliver' against KPIs
● Organisation and time management skills
● Able to use own initiative and work proactively
● Good verbal and written communication skills
● Enthusiasm and commitment
Competitive Salary (plus commission).