Audience & Data Analyst
Haymarket Media Group are the largest independent, specialist, international, global media company producing a host of market leading consumer and business to business magazines, websites and events. Our marketing operations department provide technology, campaign management and reporting to support marketing teams across the business. We are a busy department so the ability to juggle priorities, thrive under pressure and still be smiling is key.
Working closely with audience and marketing teams across the business, the Audience Data & Reporting Analyst will play a key role in providing the right information, at the right time and in the right format.
You will be responsible for analysing, interrogating and interpreting large, complex, data sets from disparate sources, providing analysis and insight to enable informed decision making across the business, increase understanding of our audiences and help optimise marketing programs.
The successful candidate needs to be a bright, energetic, analytical self-starter with a passion for bringing data together to answer key business questions, comfortable working in a fast-paced data-driven environment, who wants the broad opportunities provided by a global business, combined with the camaraderie of a close-knit team.
If you’re ready to work in a dynamic environment, alongside talented people who take pride in delivering results and work of a high standard, apply today
• Work with brand owners and internal marketing stakeholders to define their audience reporting requirements
• Synthesise information across a wide variety of data sources including demographics, subscriptions, transactions, marketing performance, market research, website behaviour and more
• Provide audience and campaign analysis/reporting to optimize marketing campaigns
• Develop (self-service) reports and dashboards to enable marketing (and other internal business stakeholders) to increase understanding of their audience and enable informed decision making
• Produce and circulate monthly audience and data quality metrics reporting
• Undertake audience market penetration and gap analysis projects
• Manage own workload to ensure that all reporting and analysis requests are delivered accurately and on time to reflect business requirements
• Streamline existing reporting suite and advise on new/amendments/improvements
• Identify potential data sources to enhance current dataset to drive better insight
• Undertake data manipulation - deduping, cleaning and merging projects
• Ensure all reports and definitions are documented and distributed where necessary
• Demonstrable experience of collating, manipulating and analysing digital and customer data from a variety of disparate sources (internal and third party)
• Must have a successful track record as a data analyst, or reporting executive, in a high volume, data-rich, complex online business, including excellent understanding of data and analytical technical infrastructure
• Ability to translate complex information into meaningful, clear and accessible reporting
• Proven ability to communicate effectively at all levels, with a structured approach to planning and delivering reporting requirements to agreed scope and timelines
• A logical approach with excellent levels of attention to detail and analytical skills.
• Strong multi-tasking and problem solving capability.
• Excellent general technical ability
• Strong knowledge of advanced MS Excel, including Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP and VBA)
• Previous experience using SQL driven analytics and dashboard tools, ideally with experience of Alterian, Faststats, Qlikview, Set Analysis/Business Objects, Teradata, Tableau or similar
• Proven experience working within a similar role.