Back End Developer
We are Wonderly, a brand new full service, Owned Media Agency and part of the Haymarket Media Group. We’re the secret sauce behind some of Haymarket’s most famous media brands, only now we’re stepping out of the Haymarket closet to work with some of the best known brands in the UK. Our clients include: Volkswagen, the Army, KPMG, Kia, IAAF and the FA.
We’re a small agency based in Twickenham, West London, but part of the UK’s largest independently owned publishing group, Haymarket media. This means we have all the benefits of being a small agency but with none of the downsides. Our culture is inclusive and collaborative and reflects the diverse bunch of brilliant people that work here. We’re not about the nine to five; we’re about creating a work life balance that brings the best out of everyone...and having a bit of fun along the way. We offer remote working and, because we’re solution agnostic - the flexibility to use the software you need to get the job done. Lastly, and by no means least, because we’re a small agency, everyone gets the chance to make a big impact.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Mid-Level, Back-End Developer to come and join our fantastic technology team. As part of the technology team you will work across the back-end software life cycle for some of our top clients. You’ll be translating business requirements and building effective online solutions, using a mixture of traditional and emerging techniques.
- Flexible hours
- 25 Days holiday per year
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Care
- Comprehensive Training and Career Development
- Season Ticket Loan
- Lifestyle benefits scheme such as discounts on gyms, restaurants, retailers, cinemas, holidays and much, much more
As an experienced Back-End Developer you’ll have some of the following skills/experience:
- Strong experience using .net technologies, in particular the .net MVP framework
- Experience with SQL Server and MongoDB
- Use version control, SVN/GIT
- A background in web application development with a proven ability to deliver high-quality software
- You’ll have previous experience of leading and mentoring developers
- Great communications skills
- Experience working with highly scalable advanced architectures
- Code optimisation and performance techniques
- Understanding of the whole development process from design through to delivery
- Working in an Agile or Scrum team
- JIRA and Confluence
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Involved as appropriate in the analysis, design, development, integration, maintenance and support of digital solutions
- Adhere to and maintain development standards, conventions and practices within the team ensuring quality is maintained
- Peer review and quality assurance of solutions developed by colleagues within the team
- Work closely with team members to evaluate to support the development of new code or reuse of existing code and technical innovation
- Attend daily stand-ups, reporting progress, identifying any risks or issues, and working with team members to contribute to a timely resolution as required.
- Work with the team and stakeholders to understand, estimate and develop solutions
- Document and present solutions and processes to other team members and the wider business