Technical Project Manager
We are Wonderly, a brand new full service, Owned Media Agency and part of the Haymarket Media Group. We’re the secret sauce behind some of Haymarket’s most famous media brands, only now we’re stepping out of the Haymarket closet to work with some of the best known brands in the UK. Our clients include: Volkswagen, the Army, KPMG, Kia, IAAF and the FA.
We’re a small agency based in Twickenham, West London, but part of the UK’s largest independently owned Publishing group, Haymarket media. This means we have all the benefits of being a small agency but with none of the downsides. Our culture is inclusive and collaborative and reflects the diverse bunch of brilliant people that work here. We’re not about the nine to five; we’re about creating a work life balance that brings the best out of everyone...and having a bit of fun along the way. We offer remote working and, because we’re solution agnostic - the flexibility to use the software you need to get the job done. Lastly, and by no means least, because we’re a small agency, everyone gets the chance to make a big impact.
As a Project Manager for Wonderly, you are part of a small but effective technology team. Working closely with the development team, as well as with the commercial and content teams, your focus is to lead a team that deliver and maintain/support various software platforms for our diverse group of clients.
You are responsible for managing software delivery of both internal teams and external suppliers, ensuring that they meet expectations in terms of scope, cost, timescales and quality. You will also be looking for continuous improvements to maximise the speed and quality of the delivery process, exploring innovations to improve your team’s productivity.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
• Successfully deliver the software platforms that are our digital products – to agreed scope, timescales and budget
• Running User Acceptance Testing and co-ordinating project launches with the wider business community where relevant
• Working with our key clients to understand their long-term ambitions and convert these goals into specific projects with clear objectives and scope, and a delivery roadmap of change
• Provide estimates for change projects, ensuring effective estimation models are used – capturing change costs and continuously refining estimating process
• Manage the necessary internal or external resources in the delivery of projects, working to agreed budgets
• Managing the cost of individual projects and attribute the costs to clients
• Provide regular, clear and transparent status updates of all change initiatives to relevant stakeholders – including visibility of costs, plans, issues & risks with associated actions
• Successful deal with the typical delivery challenges around scope changes, timescale pressures and resourcing
• Organise and manage the relevant meetings for both delivery and support activities
• Determine priorities with business owners within projects or between projects; where this is not possible, escalating to the appropriate senior manager and or governance groups.
• Provide and manage application support using internal or external resources, for existing and new solutions, maintaining and making updates to these solutions
• Provide a clear view of the status of support activities, and working with the wider team to facilitate the prioritisation of these activities
• Provide the relevant support for the root-cause-analysis for operational issues, and be part of proposing and where necessary implementing solutions to reduce/remove the risk of future issues
• Be part of and contribute to the selection of any software, solutions or technology services
• Support the designing, implementing and testing of our response to failure scenarios including business continuity and disaster recovery
• Continuously review delivery and application support processes, looking for and proposing productivity improvements, cost savings and best practice updates, clearly demonstrating the value created
• Maintain knowledge of various applications, trends and opportunities and proposing new technologies and methods as appropriate
• Planning, co-ordinating and closely tracking activities against agreed initiatives
• Managing internal and external resources as appropriate
• Build productive relationships with key stakeholders, internal and expternal
• Understanding strategic priorities, and ensuring your team understand those objectives
• Working closely with Technology, Commercial and Content teams to aid the successful delivery of projects