Our client is one of the world's leading beauty brands. We are looking for a Design Manager (reporting to the Head of Merchandising) to develop the in-store design excellence for their luxury division. The Role will entail leading the translation of brand identity in store (together with qualified agency partners).
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Design Manager role requires both project management skills and creative skills, with an eye for Beauty executions. It takes place in a multi-functional environment.
- Manage projects within the agreed deadlines and budget constraints, and deliver assets developed in collaboration with Marketing teams
- Lead the collaboration with the suppliers from creative brief to production
- Design and deliver merchandising guidelines for the field teams to ensure in store excellence
- Develop a strong knowledge of the market to share with global instore executions
- Develop strong relationships with retailers to ensure best in class locations and executions
- Responsible for forecasting global items required
- Be externally focused, look at what direct competition as well as Beauty or outside of Beauty brands are doing in-store to make the shopper experience the more insightful & up-to-date. Collaborate with Consumer & Market Knowledge department to fuel design creatives with the latest shopper/consumer insights
- Project management skills and ability to manage multiple projects with a strong level of complexity and a wide range of partners
- Knowledge of shoppers, competitors and retailers in order to design the brand guidelines & enable their implementation in the markets
- Technical knowledge about materials, production techniques
- Strong power point skills to create outstanding presentations in short notice
- Able to read Technical/ Manufacturing drawings
- Ability to use Adobe Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator
- Extra: experience in fragrance or cosmetics
- Extra: experience in Cinema 4D design
- Solid team player with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to develop strong relationship with colleagues & suppliers.
- Detailed and business oriented.
- Creative mindset with a strong knowledge in the beauty industry and willingness to constantly be aware of the latest trends & news
- Capability to share knowledge with other team members.
- Very well organized with the sense of priorities
- Ability to work autonomously and multitask in fast-paced collaborative environment.
- Capability to work under pressure in a changing environment and to manage unexpected challenges.
- Minimum 6 yrs' experience in In-store strategy/Merchandising or Trade Marketing or Marketing with a strong passion for In-store and Beauty
Please send CV with portfolio stating your salary expectations.
Creative Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.