Senior Account Manager (Maternity Cover)
We are looking to cover a strategic role within this major consumer media company. The role sits within the strategically important Commerce division. The team focuses on using the company brands insight and data to sell a wide range of products and services to their highly engaged audiences. The team does work across all of their brands but concentrates on their largest and leading title which attracts advertisers from Gardening, Entertainment, Homewares and Food & Drink.
This role will be managing the Retail vertical Their goal is to drive commercial value, gain data & insight, and build lifetime value. A commercial Senior Account Manager is required to maintain the Retail arm whilst the current Head of Retail is on maternity leave.
This leading brand runs reader offers and co-branded propositions with partners across a range of categories including Gardening, Entertainment, Homewares, & Food and Drink. A marketing plan of activity is created for each partner at the start of the year and Senior Account Manager needs to manage the marketing and relationship. They must have a good understanding of the retail and reader offer industry, as well as experience of working in publishing. Recently they have created ‘clubs’ for their readers where they sell readers subscriptions services and gain commission, so experience in subscriptions would also be desirable. You will be working in a fast paced and dynamic environment dealing with internal and external partners. You must be aware of agreed commercial and performance targets and deliver against these. An understanding of the brand and what can sell to its audience is key. They will need to negotiate deals & marketing plans and constantly assess ROI.
Shop (retail direct)
This role would also be managing Brands Shop, where they own the transaction, either via a traditional wholesale model, or drop-ship. Therefore, you will need to oversee stock control, P&L management, marketing, e-commerce, customer services, fulfilment and drop-ship management. Partnership management is also required here to manage relationships with suppliers. An understanding of e-commerce will play an important role as they recently launched a new online shop and aim to grow digital revenues. They will also need to manage production of brand extensions and the sales process at retail.
This is a wide-ranging and exciting role that cuts across a number of different areas including print, data monetisation, subscriptions and e-commerce.
The role is both independent and collaborative and while you need to be a self-starter, you’ll also be working closely with a number of publishing, editorial and sales stakeholders within the division.
• Manage partner relationships
• Negotiate partner marketing at year-end
• Constantly assessing ROI and implementing changes where necessary
• Oversee the running of the Shop (to include stock management, new products, P&Ls, customer enquiries, systems management)
• Manage and oversee brand extensions
• Forecasting of revenue, contribution and responsibility of Retail budget delivery
• Manage the marketing Executive that works on Retail
• Represent Immediate Media, champion the brands and proposition at external industry events and conferences.
• Commercially minded - experience of delivering revenues
• Strong negotiation, sales and presentation skills and experience with clients
• Proven track record of delivering marketing plans, business development and innovative partnership programmes
• Building relationships – this is a key part of the role. Internal relationships with the brand teams, as well as with partners
• Experience of working across print, digital and e-commerce
• Excellent analytical skills and ability to think and act strategically