Design Merchandising Manager
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Design Merchandising Manager role requires both project management skills and creative skills, with an eye for Beauty executions. It takes place in a multi-functional environment.
This role requires also frequent interactions both in-house (with the multi-functional team) and externally (with agencies, suppliers) and with market teams.
Your mission is to :
- Take the design "brief" to record requirements and brands needs
- Think creatively and develop new design concepts, pushing global guidelines where possible.
- Prepare rough drafts and present your ideas to the wider team.
- Amend final designs to global comments and gain full approval
- Manage projects within the agreed deadlines and budget constraints, and deliver assets developed in collaboration with Marketing teams.
- Manage and oversee the capex and maintenance budgets across brands
- Work on top door executions.
- Manage duratran updates working with the marketing teams to ensure in line with the marketing calendar.
- Lead the collaboration with the suppliers from creative brief to production.
- Support the delivery of merchandising guidelines for the field teams to ensure in store excellence.
- Develop a strong knowledge of the market to share with global instore executions.
- Develop strong relationships with retailers to ensure best in class locations and executions.
- Responsible for forecasting global items required.
- Be externally focused, look at what direct competition as well as Beauty or outside of Beauty brands are doing in-store to make the shopper experience the more insightful & up-to-date. Collaborate with Consumer & Market Knowledge department to fuel design creatives with the latest shopper/consumer insights.
The Permanent Merchandising Manager function interacts with most of the functions within the organization . Below you can find the key points of contact:
- Marketing : Brand Managers
- Global Merchandising Teams
- Field team
- Consumer & Market Knowledge
- And outside the organization:
- Design creative agencies
- POSM Manufacturers
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS :
- Minimum 6 years' experience in In-store strategy/Merchandising or Trade Marketing or Marketing with a strong passion for In-store and Beauty
- Fluent in English
- Project management skills and ability to manage multiple projects with a strong level of complexity and a wide range of partners.
- Knowledge of shoppers, competitors and retailers in order to design the brand guidelines & enable their implementation in the markets.
- Technical knowledge about materials, production techniques
- Strong power point skills to create outstanding presentations in short notice
- Able to read and draw Technical/ Manufacturing drawings
- Ability to use all abode photoshop, indesign, illustrator.
- Ability to use Cinema 4D
- Extra: experience in fragrance or cosmetics
- Solid team player with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to develop strong relationship with colleagues & suppliers.
- Proactive, detail and business oriented.
- Creative mindset with a strong knowledge in the beauty industry and willingness to constantly be aware of the latest trends & news
- Capability to share knowledge with other team members.
- Very well organized with the sense of priorities
- Ability to work autonomously and multitask in fast-paced collaborative environment.
- Capability to work under pressure in a changing environment and to manage unexpected challenges.
Creative Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.