Senior Account Manager (12mth FTC)
A commercial Senior Account Manager is required to mantain the Retail arm within a well known B2C title whilst the current Head of Retail is on maternity leave.
Based in Hammersmith, this role sits within our clients strategically important Commerce division. The team focuses on using brands insight and data to sell a wide range of products and services to their highly engaged audiences. This role will be managing the Retail vertical where you will be mantaining partnerships for whitelabel solutions, as well as running an ecommerce platform. The goal is to drive commercial value, gain data & insight, and build lifetime value.
You will run reader offers and co-branded propositions with partners across a range of categories including Gardening, Entertainment, Homeware, & Food and Drink. A marketing plan of activity is created for each partner at the start of the year and the Senior Account Manager needs to manage the marketing and relationship. They must have a good understanding of the retail and reader offer industry, as well as experience of working in publishing. Recently we have created a Book Club and Gin Club for the readers where readers buy subscription services so experience in subscriptions would be desirable. You will be working in a fast paced and dynamic environment dealing with internal and external partners. You must be aware of agreed commercial and performance targets and deliver against these. You will need to negotiate deals & marketing plans and constantly assess ROI.
This role would also be managing our clients "Shop", where you own the transaction, either via a traditional wholesale model, or drop-ship. Therefore, you will need to oversee stock control, P&L management, marketing, e-commerce, customer services, fulfilment and drop-ship management. Partnership management is also required here to manage relationships with suppliers. An understanding of e-commerce will play a role as our client has recently launched a new online shop and they aim to grow digital revenues. You will also need to manage production of brand extensions such as bookazines and the sales process at retail.
This is a wide-ranging and exciting role that cuts across a number of different areas including print, data monetisation, subscriptions and e-commerce.
The role is both independent and collaborative and while you need to be a self-starter, you’ll also be working closely with a number of publishing, editorial and sales stakeholders within the division.
- Manage partner relationships
- Negotiate partner marketing at year-end
- Constantly assessing ROI and implementing changes where necessary
- Oversee the running of Shop (to include stock management, new products, P&Ls, customer enquiries, systems management)
- Manage and oversee brand extensions such as bookazines
- Forecasting of revenue, contribution and responsibility of Retail budget delivery
- Manage the marketing Executive that works on Retail
- Represent our client, champion the brands and proposition at external industry events and conferences.
- Commercially minded - experience of delivering revenues
- Strong negotiation, sales and presentation skills and experience with clients
- Proven track record of delivering marketing plans, business development and innovative partnership programmes
- Building relationships – this is a key part of the role. Internal relationships with the brand teams, as well as with partners
- Experience of working across print, digital and ecommerce
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to think and act strategically
- Customer focus - is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers. Acts with customers in mind.
- Action Orientated - Enjoys working hard. Full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging. Seizes all opportunity.
- Management experience
For a complete spec, please register your interest. We regret that only successful applicants will be contacted.