Head of Talent Management - EMEA
At Ogilvy we make brands matter. We make them matter for years, for quarters and for right now.
Some marketeers and commentators believe brands no longer matter in the era of more channel fragmentation, micro-targeting, technology, and perfect data. But we believe that brands have never mattered more as beacons of trust and identity for consumers.
We are a team of brilliant, creative problem-solvers who believe there’s nothing we can’t achieve together, for our clients and for each other.
The purpose of this role is to assure a sustainable talent pipeline for Ogilvy EMEA. This will include identifying key talent for the future, embedding programmes to deliver the key capabilities required for our success in the future; leveraging global mobility to develop our global leaders and support our partner markets to assure they are organisationally set up for success.
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
Serve as a strategic business partner focused on a broad-based and transformational talent agenda designed to find, grow and keep the very best talent in the business.
Develop and embed early career programme across EMEA.
Develop an approach and tools to embed a talent magnet mindset across EMEA managers
Review and leverage global mobility to develop global leaders
Partner with Group talent and L&D team to develop and embed global talent initiatives.
Work with talent leads in the region to identify internal and external pipelines.
Build relationships with your key stakeholders and employees in order to gain credibility and influence the business.
Develop a thorough understanding of the business needs and challenges as well as how the business operates
Provide strong counsel and be able to identify high level solutions and implement new ideas
Work in partnership with the business to plan, create and implement the roll-out of new projects and initiatives
Change Management: Support and coach local leadership teams to execute all elements of integration, restructuring, redundancy and cost saving initiatives.
Partner on key leadership appointments and moves across the region.
Work with the EMEA leadership team and Talent Management leads to develop robust succession plans for key roles.
As part of the EMEA TM team shape the People and Organisation strategy for the region.
Champion Global Mobility across the region.
Partner with the Global L&D team to develop key global capabilities.
- Commercial HR leader with extensive experience of HR/TM, preferably demonstrated in other creative industries
- CIPD qualified
- Confident, calm, with experience of successfully navigating e a complex matrix with a number of key stakeholders
- Experience of working across multiple markets and cultures.
- Innovative, brave approach to people solutions.
- Can demonstrate implementation of a talent strategy and agenda to fit business needs
- Both a strategic inspirer and a smooth operator - prepared to adjust approach dependent on situation and individuals involved
- Ability to actively listen
- Consultative approach to business partnering
- Builds strong relationships at all levels
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong client/customer service focus.
- Willing and able to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, and demonstrate flexibility
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Delivery focused
- Demonstrate a solutions oriented approach
- Positive, can do attitude
- European languages desirable