Senior UX / UI Designer
Fantastic job for a Senior UX / UI Designer to join this boutique design agency with some of the biggest name clients going, based in Central London.
My client is an award winning design agency, with offices in London and New York. They are a highly creative design agency and work across branding, digital design, information design, and communication strategy. They are a small but mighty team, with big plans to grow, and well-versed in working fast and playing hard. Their clients are global, well-known brands predominantly in the banking, utility, financial services and insurance sectors and due to growth they are now looking for a new Senior UX / UI Designer.
Key Responsibilities of the Senior UX / UI Designer
- Working directly under the Global Creative Director, you will be the agency’s lead UX/UI expert.
- Creating design concepts, wireframes, storyboards, use cases, process flows, site maps and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Creating stunning and original UI designs that adhere to brand guidelines whilst exceeding high client expectations and pushing creative boundaries.
- Working confidently across websites, portals, apps, and even HTML emails.
- Taking the design brief from the client or explaining the design brief to another designer. Ensuring that it’s fully understood, clarifying the client’s objectives, timescales are determined, IT limitations are explored and the design direction is understood.
- Conducting stakeholder interviews, competitor research and user analysis to support our UX /UI recommendations.
- Attending and running client workshops and ensuring that key requirements, objectives and constraints are fully understood.
- Presenting the design to the client via conference or video call or in a face to face meeting, to get feedback from the client about the initial design and making any changes required.
- Working closely with stakeholders, visual designers, copywriters and developers to develop the perfect design solution.
- Working with developers to ensure our designs are correctly implemented.
- Educated to degree level in Graphic Communication, Information Design, UX/UI or similar.
- Expert in core design programs:
- Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Sketch (essential) and InVision Studio / Adobe XD (desirable)
- InVision and other prominent prototyping tools
- An impressive portfolio demonstrating best-practice design solutions across a range of complex projects, and exceptional visual polish – from wireframes to high-fidelity visuals.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills; able to communicate complex ideas with ease within the studio and in front of clients.
- A well-rounded knowledge of product systems, design thinking, and what’s possible to execute in code.
- Experience taking complex documents, processes and data and transforming them into simple, easy to use deliverables.
- A great understanding of how to use typography, colour, and graphic assets to create an engaging experience whilst balancing usability and accessibility concerns.
- A natural understanding of the difference between ‘making something look good’ and ‘making something work’.
- Ability to take a brief from conceptual stages through to delivery.
- Equally happy working across responsive designs (desktop to mobile) and native apps, with a particular focus on iOS and Android.
In terms of cultural fit you’ll be natural communicators, have a positive energy and be highly motivated.
In return you’ll get to work with some very big name brands and a close knit team. You’ll also have the opportunity to develop and grow.
So if this sounds like you, or you’d like to know more please get in touch with your current CV & examples of your recent work. Please note due to the high volume of candidates we will only reply to those successful in their application.