Senior Project Manager - Creative Studio
We are looking for an experienced Senior Project Manager to join an exiting creative studio to run day-to-day campaigns and lead a sub-team of three. As Senior Project Manager, you will be responsible for the delivery of multiple commercial creative projects. You will oversee all commercial partnerships for some of the UK’s best loved magazine media brands and work with some really talented people in a fast-paced, fun environment. You will take responsibility for some of the larger campaigns across multiple platforms including print, digital, social, video & events.
Projects are varied and may have elements of design, editorial, HTML5, photography or video and run across all platforms from magazines to digital to TV and everything in-between. You will be involved in all steps of the creative process, from brainstorming through to deliverables and reporting. You will be the key point of contact between the sales process, the client and/or agency plus any 3rd parties such as celebrity talent or influencers, and will take ownership of smooth running campaigns and calmly deal with challenges and resolve any issues should they arise.
You will need to be able to efficiently plan and prioritise all deliverables and resources working across multiple commercial projects at the same time. You should be able to consistently manage client expectations – both internally & externally - schedules, budgets, assets and scopes and deliver projects on deadline and on budget and be able to make rational decisions and find solutions quickly and with confidence.
• You will be responsible for two direct reports – a Project Manager, and a Junior Project Manager, developing and supporting them in their roles and career progression, including carrying out regular 121’s, annual appraisals and quarterly reviews.
• The Senior Project Manager has responsibility under the direction of the Lead Project Manager to continuously assess, refine and improve process, workflow and customer experience.
• A key responsibility as a senior member will be to support the wider team to identify and implement skills development and training. More than anything, you will lead your project teams to seamlessly create the stunning work Imagine is known for.
We are looking for someone with an intuitive understanding of how their work gets done and a superb ability to motivate, support and understand your project teams. The role of Senior Project Manager is vital in ensuring success across the most important and demanding of its clientele.
• Proven experience managing small and large scale commercial projects from conception through to implementation and reporting
• Substantial experience of managing commercial projects in either print, digital, video or TV environments
• You will have proven experience of managing multiple projects simultaneously
• A firm command of project management processes and methodologies whilst displaying a strong understanding of both creative and commercial/client needs
• Experience of leading or mentoring a team is essential
• Highly competent at co-ordinating multi-faceted activities and deadlines
• Anticipates challenges and pressure points and trouble shoots effectively from day one
• Exceptional attention to detail & organisational skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills are a must
• Ability to explain a concept or idea clearly and succinctly to clients and internal/external stakeholders.
• Exceptional problem-solving abilities and able to make decisions autonomously with a structured, coordinated approach.
• Ability to ensure projects are commercially viable and feasible in the short term, whilst assessing the long-term value and potential of projects
• Ability to push back where necessary on internal & external clients to ensure the success of a project