Customer Marketing Manager (On-Trade)
Customer Marketing Manager (On-Trade)
Our client is one of the largest family-owned and family-run wine importers in the UK and are seeking Customer Marketing Manager, National On-Trade to work closely with the sales and marketing team. Whether you are an entrepreneurial sales person looking to change disciplines or an existing Marketer looking to gain trade experience, expect an exciting role promoting and marketing leading wine brands.
With over 50 years' experience, 200 members of staff and an award-winning portfolio of over 1,400 wines, our client has built an enviable reputation for placing world-renowned wines. Due to continued success they are now seeking a Customer Marketing Manager, National On-Trade to play a key role ensuring proposed trade activity is relevant, delivers on brand growth aspirations whilst helping to identify sales opportunities.
Working closely with the Regional Group (On Trade) and reporting into the Head of Marketing the Customer Marketing Manager, National On-Trade will focus on 2 key areas. The will primarily be responsible for focussing on customer activations to build growth in key accounts and win new business by working on pitching and constructing deals and activity that secure new business. Overall the Customer Marketing Manager will be tasked with driving sales of key agency wines through strategic, innovative and creative consumer activity for trade customers whilst maintaining brand personality and values.
In more detail the Customer Marketing Manager, National On Trade will:
- Lead and execute key customer annual trade marketing programmes;
- Develop and deliver activation plans that can be implemented across the various customer outlets to drive budgeted volume & gross profit;
- Build strong relationships with relevant stakeholders;
- Develop and share necessary information so that annual plans and initiatives are prepared and delivered effectively, which in turn increases volumes;
- Monitor key agency sales within the account base to ensure we are on track to achieve volume/value target, through effective monitoring and control and implementing corrective action when necessary;
- Collaborate with relevant colleagues on new business proposals and tenders;
- Through effective analysis provide insights and business intelligence to substantiate pitches. Interpreting the data to deliver creative marketing solutions that inspire the account and consumer;
- Co-operate with the Brand Marketing team to create sales promotions and brand specific activity aligning channel strategies to brand strategies and ensuring that the key brand messages are effectively delivered to the consumer on time and within budget;
- Assist Brand Managers on specific projects as required;
- Support customer social media programmes with relevant content.
To qualify.You could be a Customer Trade Marketing Manager / Trade Marketing Manager / Marketing Manager / Sales Manager / Business Development Manager / Sales and Marketing Manager / Shopper Marketing Manager / Retail Marketing Manager / Brand Marketing Manager or similar with a CV that demonstrates:
- Formal education qualifications are less important than a proven track record; however education to degree level is desirable;
- WSET Level 2 or above;
- U.K. wine market off-trade / on-trade experience;
- Strong sales or marketing experience, ideally in the UK wine and spirit off-trade / on-trade;
- Excellent written & verbal communication essential;
- You must be highly computer literate, with good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Power Point and Word);
- Keen attention to detail and strong organisational skills.
This is a rare opportunity for a Customer Marketing Manager to become an integral part of a successful family run business. In return expect a competitive salary, discount on wine, exceptional training and support, 25 days holiday and much more.
Equal consideration will be given to all candidates, irrespective of their gender, race, disability, marital status, religion, age or sexuality.
Please note that should any suitable CVs be received whilst the advert is live then individuals will be invited to interview prior to the closing date.