SEO Director - Digital Agency - The Chilterns
SEO Director - SME Digital Agency - £60,000 + Great Benefits
Company & Summary
Unique opportunity to become an integral part of the Senior Management team in a growing agency that prides itself on oﬀering high quality, results-driven SEO, PPC and related services to its diverse client base. Growth has been particularly prevalent in the SEO function and as a result, a credible SEO lead is needed to take the lead on organic strategy, get involved in new pitches and motivate a team of 5 direct reports whilst working alongside the CEO. Clients worked on will be medium to large in size with some focus in the charlity sector.
You will be responsible for delivering, growing and reporting on the overall success of clients' SEO campaigns as well as leading the team to ensure excellent service quality, delivery and continued growth. This role requires someone with organic search expertise, conﬁdence, analytical know-how and a natural communicator.
Set strategic direction for team that covers all major SEO disciplines
- Overseeing Strategy, Technical SEO, Content and Digital PR and setting the strategic direction for the department, to ensure that they are continuously improving how they are able meet the demands of clients in a constantly changing environment.
- Defining the products and services on offer
- Working with the MD, Operations and the Paid Media Team to separate and manage the P&L of the SEO team. [This would not be immediate, but likely within the first six months of the job].
- Imputing into the strategic partnerships forged. This would include other agencies that might be able to support SEO work (such as specialists in different types of content).
Management of the SEO team
- Overseeing the allocation of resources against the work that has been booked. The majority of which is retainer based, but there are also separate projects, including audits, website migrations and bespoke project work.
- Developing the processes and systems to ensure the smooth delivery of products and services.
- Identifying opportunities for applying automated technologies and methods to improve work efficiencies
- Ensuring that the quality of work remains high.
- Recruiting new talent upon expansion.
- Overseeing the training and development of the SEO team.
- Motivating, mentoring and inspiring SEO team.
- Promote teamwork, within the SEO team and with its members' interactions across the agency.
- Stepping in and liaising with the client directly (at a senior level), whenever required; such as pitching for additional services or during the Annual Review of a large client.
Leading by example
- Demonstrate considerable SEO knowledge across the full stack of SEO disciplines.
- Demonstrating great work, particularly around strategic client work.
- Contribute to an office culture that is focused on: Enthusiasm, learning, working in close partnership with clients and delivering brilliant work.
- Being active in company meetings.
- Offering views, insights and experience
In return, you will get the chance to have full control over the key agency service and work in tandem with the CEO to drive the agency forwards. Some flexible degree of working can be offered in this role in the medium term.
Please apply for a conversation in more detail!