We’re looking for a Sales Director to lead and drive the business and nurture new opportunities across The Full Service and Hunger.
If you've got 5 years experience or more selling marketing services, creative solutions or in client services at a senior level this could be the opportunity for you.
About Us –
The Full Service is Rankin’s new hybrid cultural company encompassing creative services, contract publishing, production, editorial verticals/platforms, and talent representation. We are a fast growing, thriving cultural community creating great short and long form content on a hourly basis.
We are a team of creatives, directors, photographers, researchers, strategists, producers and editors who collaborate with brands ranging from luxury to FMCG, charities, editorial platforms, beauty, fashion & automotive.
We help brands be culturally relevant through creative communication, campaigns, brand building & content creation.
We create work that is bold, brave & beautiful.
The Sales Director is to have overall responsibility for leading and driving the business effectively and profitably and managing all aspects of client relationships. Ideally you will have experience across health and beauty, fashion, jewelry, automotive, fashion, and technology. You will have the ability to provide strategic direction, inspiration and leadership to the team and champion creative thinking at all levels.
You will be brought on board to lead the sales & marketing function for The Full Service and Hunger Magazine, HungerTV and be given the autonomy to approach the challenge however you see fit, maximizing potential at all times. You will set the sales strategy and profit targets, develop the relationships with new clients, identify new opportunities for growth and ensure that all leads are explored.
You will work closely with creative, production, marketing, and new business to maximize the opportunities within various relationships, help focus the business priorities and drive sales.
- Play the lead role in developing, driving and nurturing new opportunities with both existing and new/potential clients.
- Act as a central point of contact between the various arms of the business keeping open communication at all times
- Lead strategic discussions both day-to-day and looking at the longer term.
- Demonstrate a solid strategic and executional understanding of the clients business and market.
- Understand the external influences on the clients business and how the offering can add value to the clients business.
- Develop and manage close working relationships with the client to ensure expectations and deliverables are achieved.
- Work with the Creative Director on ideas and proposals.
- Strive to maintain and constantly improve creative standards within the business.
- Lead pitches.
- Work effectively with Production and Project Management to ensure that all projects are on time and on budget.
- Maintain responsibility and accountability for the financial health of the clients business both from an agency and client perspective.
- Generate and continually strive for organic growth of the client business and effectively cross sell capabilities.
- Be a key motivator for all team members.
Skills and Experience
You'll need to have worked agency side or in publishing in a similar position, be a strong presenter and have a thorough understanding of the procurement and tendering processes. You'll be experienced in winning pitches from £10k - £1m.
- Significant experience within business development and client services within a creative/advertising/ production agency or publishing.
- A proven track record of winning business and developing new leads.
- Stellar negotiation skills.
- Impeccable communication skills.
- Creative prowess.
- An entrepreneurial nature: be a self starter. This is a new role and we are looking for someone to define and lead.
- Be flexible and able to approach situations with a clear and open mind in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding of the current media landscape and how it is evolving and lead the business to move in this direction
After clicking "Apply below", email with ‘Your Name – Sales Director’ in the subject field, attaching a CV, and brief cover letter that must address the above criteria.
Candidates unable to prove their right to work in the UK will not be shortlisted.
Please note that we are unable to respond to every application due to the volume received. Only successful candidates will be contacted.