Marketing Executive (Response)
Purpose of the job
Smart Energy GB has always historically been tasked solely with driving awareness and knowledge of smart meters, and a desire to get one, across the GB population. The responsibility for converting that interest into smart meter installations has always sat solely with individual energy suppliers.
In 2019, that is all going to change.
While we still continue to make the emotional and rational case for smart meters, we now have an expanded remit to convert that interest into booked installations. So we need an energised and skilful performance marketing team, to get us off the ground as a response advertiser.
The team will be led by a Performance Marketing Manager, who will will have responsibility and accountability for our full performance marketing media and creative budget. You will work alongside another Marketing Executive (response) as a team of three, tasked with delivering this new response activity, optimising it constantly in flight, testing and learning, and ensuring we convert desire for smart meters into booked installations. You will work directly with our Insight and Digital teams, as well as our industry leading creative and media agencies.
- Supporting our performance marketing manager in the management of our agency partners (in particular our creative agency) by writing briefs, compiling feedback and assessing creative executions
- Taking co-responsibility (with the other marketing executive) for the general smooth running of our performance campaign. You will co-manage (with the other marketing exec) all reports, media plans, testing plans, and all related documents, under the supervision of the Performance Marketing Manager
- Ensuring that campaign assets are implemented to meet plans, schedules, brand guidelines and quality standards. Ensuring that any optimisation or testing plans related to our response advertising assets are delivered accurately and effectively.
- Supporting the Performance Marketing Manger to provide external stakeholders with regular updates on our performance marketing plans & activity. This will ladder up directly to the Director and Deputy Director of Marketing, plus the Head of Industry Relations
- Acting as a brand guardian; ensuring that our brand is used correctly across all response touch points
- Working with colleagues (such as from Insight, Digital) to gather knowledge and feedback, and use these outputs to help inform decision making
- Monitoring campaigns and conducting market analysis; using findings to provide key insights and recommendations
- Management of production budgets on some projects
Skills, experience and competencies
- Previous involvement in major communication campaigns
- Expererience delivering the direct response elements of these campaigns is advantageous
- Ability to compile clear and compelling briefs and have experience of briefing and managing external agencies
- A strong appreciation of what makes a solid creative idea and ability to effectively assess creative work against the issued brief
- Experience working with external agencies (ideally creative production)
- Knowledge of digital channels and the opportunities they present to advertisers
- Skilled at managing the progression of projects from creative concept through to completion
- Budget management experience
- Passionate about brands and marketing
- Able to work both autonomously, and also part of a team
- Detail orientated, organised, and able to juggle a variety of projects in a fast paced environment against tight deadlines
- Analytical with strong business acumen
- Skilled at building and managing relationships
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, with intermediate knowledge of Excel & Powerpoint
- Strong understanding of advertising production processes
- Excellent communication skills (verbal/writing)
- Appreciation of the objectives and activities of Smart Energy GB
- Appreciate the diversity of the people and communities of Great Britain and embrace this diversity in your approach to work
Smart Energy GB actively encourages applications from those groups currently under-represented in the marketing and communications sector. We’re building a team that is able to understand the needs of and effectively communicate with the whole of our diverse nation. So, if you’re applying for a job with us, we’d like to hear how you can help us do this.
All disabled applicants who meet the minimum requirements of the job as set out in the job description and person specification will be guaranteed an interview if requesting to be considered under this scheme. If there’s anything we can do to make our interview process or working environment more inclusive and to meet your particular needs please let us know.
Every member of our team goes above and beyond, helps one another out and contributes to the achievement of our ambitious goals. We think it’s only right for us to reward them accordingly:
- Competitive pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Gym memberships
- Annual health check
- Annual eye test
- Season ticket loan
- 5 annual volunteer days
- £1,000 (net) work anniversary gift
- Option to buy additional annual leave
- Option to take out a personal loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- An in-house wellbeing programme, Thrive
- Free breakfast – to support a positive working environment, a free breakfast and healthy snacks are provided everyday.
To apply for the role
Please click "Apply" and send your CV and cover letter