Senior Business Director
2 days left
The Energy & Environment group delivers circa £10.6m of revenue and £3.7m contribution each year. It spans the environmental, wind, planning, architecture, interiors, and horticultural sectors, and produces magazines, content sites, job boards, conferences, awards and high-value data and intelligence products.
WPM contributes £1.55m in revenue and circa £120k in GC to the overall revenues and contribution of the group. The brand publishes a magazine 11 times a year and it reaches more than 70k global visitors online per month across the wind industry. In addition, WPM has developed a portfolio of international conferences and has a suite of intelligence products, including a database of on- and offshore wind farms, forecasting tools, and market reports.
The E&E Senior Business Director will work closely with HBM’s Deputy Managing Director to co-ordinate the overall strategy for the group. Working with the business directors, the Senior Business Director will ensure the brand plans are consistent with HBM’s overarching strategy and their targets and plans are set in line with HBM’s overall Fit for the Future goals. The role is responsible for achieving the group’s annual P&L targets and is the line manager for the group’s business directors who lead on developing and delivering the individual brand plans. The Senior Business Director also manages the overall relationship between the group and other central functions – including technology, data, marketing, and management accounts – where that relationship requires divisional-level input and responsibilities.
The role also unites sales, editorial, events teams, Content Labs, marketing, analytics and product management behind the vision for the WPM brand, which is to drive revenue and margin growth across paid content, live events and high-growth commercial lines such as content solutions. As a result, the Senior Business Director has P&L accountability for the WPM brand and is also responsible for meeting non-financial targets around audience value, quality, data and lead generation.
The Senior Business Director is expected to:
- Take ultimate P&L responsibility for E&E ie £10.6m+ turnover; £3.7m+ contribution
- Take full P&L responsibility for WPM ie £1.55m+ turnover; £120k+ contribution
- Focus with the group’s business directors on growing the contribution and margin from E&E over the next two years from 35% to nearer 40% to align with HBM strategy.
- Focus on growing the contribution and margin from WPM over the next two years from 8% to nearer 20% to align with HBM strategy.
- Produce an annual budget and maintain business plans for the E&E Group (updated annually) to 2021. These need to align to the overall targets for HBM.
- Produce an annual budget and maintain business plans for WPM (updated annually) to 2021. These need to align to the overall targets for the E&E Group and HBM.
- Take responsibility for the delivery of business and KPI targets for WPM - such as audience quality, data, and sales leads - and work with the group’s other business directors to ensure they deliver against their brand targets.
- Execute WPM’s plan to accelerate growth in paid content, live events and high-growth commercial lines such as Content Labs.
- Identify and develop business opportunities for the WPM brand and take responsibility for their implementation.
- Identify commercial opportunities within the wind market as a whole and work with internal/external teams to deliver them.
- Line manage the UK-based WPM sales team to lead the initiative to realise multi-country commercial opportunities -- principally with key clients.
- Be an expert on competitor activity within WPM’s core markets globally.
- Manage all parts of the group and WPM business with rigorous cost control and maximising of revenues.
- Maintain an influential contact base within the market.