Head of Marketing
Are you a Communications and Marketing professional looking for an exciting and challenging role at the heart of Government?
Do you have experience of leading a team to deliver evidence based behaviour change campaigns?
If so, the Head of Marketing role in the Department for Transport’s (DfT) could be for you.
We are a high-profile department at the heart of government. We pride ourselves on first- class, creative communication that tells compelling stories about transport through the people that use it.
The team is responsible for THINK! road safety, Inclusive Transport, Go Ultra Low and other emerging departmental priorities.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced and ambitious Head of Marketing to lead a highly effective Marketing team that works across a range of the Government’s most successful and high profile communications, including the award winning THINK! road safety campaign.
This role requires someone with a sophisticated blend of strategy and communication skills, the confidence to lead and develop a fantastic team and the passion and determination to develop effective audience focused communications.
As Head of Profession you will lead a confident, professional team delivering best in class campaigns for THINK! Road safety, Inclusive Transport, Go Ultra Low and a range of high profile departmental priorities. Alongside this you will ensure resource is resilient and flexible to cover emerging demands across the department.
We are looking to recruit a Head of Marketing who is capable of leading work in the following areas:
- Plan and deliver the development of the overarching strategies for proactive communications based on insight and evaluation
- Develop campaigns using best practice techniques and deliver them in a timely manner, within budget and in close collaboration with policy colleagues, stakeholders and communications agencies.
- Ensure all campaigns are measured appropriately and campaigns are refined to ensure ROI
- Brief and procure agencies as appropriate as well as manage suppliers and agencies across a range of marketing disciplines
- Provide professional communications advice to Ministers and senior policy and communication colleagues
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders and with communication colleagues
- Manage the communications marketing budgets ensuring there are no over or under- spends and that the Department’s financial processes are correctly followed. Ensure value for money is front of mind
To thrive in this role, it is essential that you have the ability to compile, assimilate, distil and interpret evidence from a wide range of sources to form a compelling base to inform campaign activity.
You believe in the importance of team working, having the ability to thrive in being involved with your team and be a hands-on leader when required to deliver results.
You will thrive managing a varied and challenging workload and welcome autonomy to your role; always being adaptable, flexible and resilient, adjusting to the requirements, changing priorities and strategic direction of the business.
You have strong influencing skills, allowing you to be comfortable in pushing back and providing direction for your team, colleagues and stakeholders.