PR, Social and Content Manager
PR , Social and Content Manager - Drinks Distribution - NW London
PR , Social and Content Manager - The Company
My client is an established distributor of fine spirits around the globe
PR , Social and Content Manager - The Role
To work with the Marketing Team in delivering all communications with the trade and consumer press and social media for all of their 5 core brands. To build relationships with key journalists and maximise the amount of positive press coverage for each brand. To work on developing and creating content, partnerships and posts for their social media channels and managing their small but growing communities.
* Maximise the amount of positive coverage generated for the core 5 brands through contact with trade and consumer media.
* Communicate relevant stories back to the brand owners via monthly reports
* Come up with creative idea's to get press coverage for the core 5 brands. Drive product placement, and develop and deliver news stories and announcements to press.
* Build relationships with key journalists in print, online, TV and radio media channels, and also social media influencers.
* Come up with creative idea's to get press coverage for the brands outside the core 5. Drive product placement, and develop and deliver news stories and announcements to press.
* Sending out product samples and gifts to press, working with the warehouse/customer services teams where necessary.
* To work on developing and creating content, partnerships and posts for our social media channels.
* Work with the Events team to devise unique and press-worthy events both internally and with external partners.
* Press monitoring and collation/distribution of press cuttings to all necessary parties.
Due to business requirements, it is expected that you will need to have a high degree of flexibility in order to meet the demands of the role. Therefore, it may be necessary to work out of normal working hours due to the nature of the projects, and in order to meet the necessary demands of the press and partners. You must be able to adjust to a broad and fluid set of tasks as requirements change in this progressive company.
PR , Social and Content Manager - Required skills/interests
* A decent understanding of the drinks industry
* A solid understanding of media relations and experience in delivering PR campaigns
* An understanding of social media and building social media content calendars and building followers.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Outstanding relationship building
* Equally at home working independently or as part of a team
* Project management skills
* Highly developed presentation skills - written and verbal
* Ability to plan and execute projects to meet required deadlines, while remaining calm under pressure
* Attention to detail
* IT skills; Microsoft office- Word, Excel, Powerpoint
* Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
* Demonstrate a pro-active 'can do' attitude.
* Knowledge of the whisky and premium spirits business
* Existing relationships with key drinks writers
* Marketing skills
Qualifications and Experience
* At least 5 years' experience in a PR and with social media manager experience (2 years min)
* Spirits knowledge, or interest at the very least, a distinct advantage.
* IT Literate - Excel, Word, Power Point.
* Good presentation skills.
If this is the PR , Social and Content Manager role for you then do not hesitate and apply now !
We have a variety of PR roles on at present (£20k-£130k), so if this is one is not suitable; please call me to discuss other exciting opportunities which you can apply for.
For further assurance, please review my profile on LinkedIn and connect with me; Search for "Ryan Farrell" To apply for this fantastic opportunity or for further information, please contact: Ryan Farrell | DD: + 44| 207 845 7259 - Ryan.Farrell@majorplayers.co.uk, Please note all applications will be made in confidence. Feel free to call me directly.