Lovely Integrated agency are looking for a Resource Manager to join their Creative team!
The Resource department is responsible for managing the ebb and flow of work into the agency’s Creative & Strategy Teams, Designers, Artworkers and any associated Creative Freelancers. Ensuring appropriate resources are in place to allow the smooth running of work throughout the agency.
The primary responsibility of the Resource Manager is to assist the Head of Resource in managing resource for all live and potential projects.
This position requires that the individual be the liaison between Creative Production or Client Services and the Strategy / Creative / Design / Artwork departments where appropriate; as it can relate to resourcing across all agency briefs, throughout these teams.
The role requires someone who can keep up and remain level headed in an often high-pressure, fast-paced environment ensuring optimum resource utilisation. It’s essential that you have a ‘can-do’ attitude and are focused on helping to find financially acceptable solutions.
An understanding of digital process or an eagerness to learn is advantageous.
The Resource Manager must ensure that project resourcing is managed in order to assure timely delivery and must communicate to appropriate Creative Producers or Account Handlers resourcing issues that may impact scheduled deadlines.
The Resource Manager is a key member of the Creative Production team, sitting within the Creative Department. The role works closely with and reports into the Head of Resource.
• Primarily responsible for the allocation & timely briefing of projects into designers, artworkers & retouchers
• Manage the resourcing tool for the Design & Artwork departments based on input from weekly status meetings & daily adhoc changes / additions & potential clashes
• Be aware of the resource within the Strategy & wider Creative Department; including strategists (all levels), social strategists conceptual teams & specialist creatives and will assist the Head of Resource with the resourcing of these teams
• Ensure a thorough understanding of the skills of all members of these teams
• Act as a point of contact for resource booking confirmation, conflict resolution and development of solutions in support of business goals
• Attend weekly resource meetings and facilitate resourcing issues / conflict resolution with the Head of Resource and Client Service teams
• Attend daily status meetings on key accounts when appropriate
• Work to resolve any issues regarding under or over allocations of current staff members
• Work with Head of Resource and Client Account teams to identify appropriate resource requirements for each account and project, ensuring budget coverage
• Maintain constant knowledge of current and upcoming projects
• Monitor day to day project activities and resourcing, identifying potential instances of underutilisation and actively work with Head of Resource and Account Management to address and resolve those issues
• Alert Head of Resource and Client Services of any potential concerns or issues with meeting client delivery dates due to resourcing
• Ensure that correct department paperwork is completed for all processes
• Identify need for freelance talent and 3rd party support and work with Head of Resource to secure the right freelance resources at the right cost
• Manage freelance administration and ensure all internal control & approvals are complete and paperwork is completed and recorded appropriately
• At certain times it may be necessary to arrange for resource (for example design, artwork, strategists, conceptual teams) to work night shifts or weekends, the Resource Manager should help identify such needs and work with the Head of Resource to facilitate
• Understand the opportunities to second talent from the global network and work with the Head of Resource to arrange
• Recommend process improvements for Resource Management