Media Relations Manager
4 days left
Are you a PR professional with extensive experience of developing, delivering and managing media relations campaigns for enterprise businesses? Our client is a leading expert in news and factual production and the distribution of PR content. They provide production and distribution services to clients ranging from Adidas and IKEA to Lamborghini and PWC.
They are recruiting for a Media Relations Manager who will be a highly motivated self-starter with vision, strong management skills and clear leadership potential. This is a new role created to build an international media relations business.
- Manage all Media Relations activity in the UK, Europe and the United States
- Work with clients to develop and write press releases, advisories and scripts
- When required provide consultancy to identify or develop stories and angles
- Build project related databases
- Manage client relationships on a day to day basis
- You will identify, recruit and manage Media Relations professionals to deliver freelance or contract services for clients in the UK, Europe, the Middle East, Asia and the US.
- Project manage Media Relations campaigns delivered by freelance Media Relations professionals.
- Developing and executing a strategy for significant and rapid growth in the Media Relations business.
- Supporting the sales team with proposals, pitches and the sale of projects.
- Build and maintain databases of journalists based around the business verticals.
- Develop and lead a strategy to build journalist engagement with, and “sign up” to the products This will include planning, project managing and executing regular networking and marketing events
Essential Skills & Experience
- Five to ten years in a busy PR or communications agency.
- Extensive experience of managing and building journalist databases PLUS designing, selling, managing and executing media relations projects for enterprise businesses in the UK, Europe and United States
- Experience of developing PR messaging, press releases and scripts
- line management of at least one staff member
- Data analysis and reporting
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Attention to detail and excellent proof reading.
- Detailed knowledge of GDPR
- Thorough knowledge of sales processes.
- Good knowledge of media database tools.
- High degree of competence with a range of presenting tools.
- European languages highly desirable.
The Media Relations Manager will be a strong team player and demonstrate the ability to be an inspiring leader. You will be enterprising and tenacious whilst possessing a structured approach to tasks. You will be process driven but highly flexible. Personable and engaging with a strong interest in current affairs and an excellent grasp of the UK and international media and public relations landscape.
For a complete spec, please register your interest. We regret only successful candidates will be contacted.
Apply for Media Relations Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly