Key Account Director - Fashion Exhibitions
Do you want to be a part of leading international exhibition organiser?.. Read on… Our client run the best shows and offer the best service to its customers throughout the world regardless of location. By putting exhibitors and visitors at the heart of everything they do.You will be charged With increasing revenue through building & managing regional key accounts and driving the key account relationship through understanding the client’s objectives, developing and managing the implementation of strategy, particularly in relation to revenue growth and client service excellence.
We are looking for someone who can marry both the strategic consultancy mind set in terms of future opportunity and growth, but also the incisive commercial acumen necessary to work with major accounts and senior stakeholders as well as looking for an intellectual, sophisticated sales professional that can engage with senior leaders who can understand their objectives and challenges and have the ability to create solutions.
• To increase revenue from each customer and drive space and sponsorship sales
• To continually build on the knowledge of the client organisation and understanding of their market & strategy, both at HQ and local level, and maintaining high visibility & impact with the client
• To ensure an excellent understanding of the client’s needs
• Ensuring consistent quality of services with every client interaction and ensure overall client satisfaction
• Developing people relationships at the client
• Outstanding self-awareness, able to command respect, with high levels of influencing skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills, good at building effective working relationships at all levels and able to deal with senior clients
• First rate communicator with proven business development and negotiation skills
• Ability to assimilate knowledge rapidly and apply it influentially
• Ability to question and challenge with authority & diplomacy – an influencer and persuader
• Strengths in building effective relationships and networks
• Excellent organisation and planning skills.
• Proven track record in key account management, ideally from with an exhibitions/events background
• Experience of working closely with senior managers on commercial issues
• Experience of managing across an international and diverse cultural business
• A strong commercial outlook
• Experience in an online environment desirable.
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
• Ability to work in a high performing, fast paced matrix environment
• Motivated, with a strong work ethic and desire to succeed
• Sales and results driven with a positive ‘can-do attitude’
• Able to understand customer needs (implied and explicit) and adapt our portfolio of events and services to build a tailored solution for them
• Relationship building skills that helps build trust and rapport with new and existing customers
• Exceptional presentation skills that show our solutions in the best light and make sales inevitable
• Strong negotiation skills with all levels including senior manager and owner / executive level
• Strong organizational & multi-tasking skills – good attention to detail and able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Excellent communication skills – persuasive, confident and good listening skills
• Interested in keeping up-to-date with trends and current issues within your business sector and the event industry as a whole.
• Able to show use of a CRM to manage development of a territory or account(s)
• Project Management Skills – resourceful, resilient, innovative & able to cope under pressure
• Good pipeline management and numeracy skills