Senior Project Manager
We rely on you to...
A Creative Champion
- You’re aware and believe in the central tenet of Ogilvy – Make Brands Matter. You aim for the best creative work every time.
- You take pride in the Agency product - making sure that all work is packaged and presented in a way that is going to give it the best chance of being bought.
- You help the team get ready for the ‘show’ and look for ways to make the meeting memorable.
- You build good relationships with the creatives. Sharing a belief in the work, having a point of view and are developing the ability to champion this with Clients.
- You ensure client feedback is clear, correct and synthesised into a brief for the Creatives, asking questions to better understand.
- You take a keen interest in all types of creative work from within and outside the Agency and Industry. You use examples and case studies to help sell the work.
A Strategic Partner
- You’re a beacon of curiosity, especially when it comes to Client’s markets, consumers and competitors. Proactively keeping your team up to date on information and news as well as being connected to the Client at the right points.
- You understand the research results of your account and how to summarise and apply learnings to briefs/the work.
- You are accountable for the content of the brief and understand what's been asked for and the problem we're trying to solve, having clarified any questions with the Client.
- You’re comfortable putting together a strategic recommendation and talking about strategy with Clients.
- You actively contribute to the development of the creative strategy and creative brief and have a point of view, knowing how to make it heard in meetings.
- You brings the brief to life for Creatives in an inspiring way - may be the venue, content, or delivery.
A Delivery Expert
- You are the driving force for all projects, getting work through the Agency and ensuring the output is the very best it can be.
- You know the Client’s process inside and out as well as the process of everything we can produce and what this looks like from start to finish.
- You proactively find ways to fill any knowledge gaps and ask the right questions.
- You work closely with Producers to make the most efficient and effective use of time and resource on each project so that all effort is spent on getting to the best work.
- You are confident is creating project scopes, tracking against the scope and managing any scope changes. You own accurate data entry and reporting.
- You’re the voice of the work to the Client and you care about our craft and feel responsibility for the work, down to the smallest detail and expect this of the people around you.
- You support the team to ensure that presentations are flawless and ensure nothing leaves the building unless it’s absolutely right.
- You scan the horizon for risks, identifying and mitigating them.
A Financial Controller
- You are completely on top of the Account finances, you regularly track, report and reconcile projects.
- You demonstrate you can manage budgets effectively, ensuring necessary estimate approvals and POs at the right time so that nothing gets in the way of the work.
- You have an understanding of how Ogilvy works as a commercial business and how this applies to our Clients.
- You’re starting to build knowledge of overall account commercials (profitability) - understanding what’s in and out of scope and have an awareness of benchmarks for budgets, knowing if something is fair and reasonable.
- You can identify opportunities to improve profitability.
- You lead and ensure that monthly meetings with Finance take place to reconcile any outstanding payments.
- You guide the AE through budget management and support the AD/PD on budget and forecasting.
A Business Driver
- Entrepreneurial in nature, you always have an eye on opportunities to expand Ogilvy’s scope or improve the work on every project.
- You’re the fountain of all information for the team (internally and externally) - getting in there first with sharing new stuff and voicing opportunities as well as contributing to growing the scope.
- You nurture the Marketing Directors of the future and ensure Clients always have a great experience when we meet them, leaving feeling more positive than when they arrived.
- You gain Client and Agency teams’ trust by nailing the brilliant basics, are all over it and a safe pair of hands.
- You are 100% reliable, highly responsive and instill confidence in the team around.
- You are the heart of your account and go-to on projects on a day-to-day basis.
- You are the driving force of each project leading by example; putting care and craft into every detail, motivating the team and taking ownership to ensure everything is delivered on time, in budget and the best it can be.
- You’re passionate about your Clients business and understand the brief, work and feedback inside out.
- You understand what makes clients and the people in your team tick and what they need, using this to influence and get the best out of those individuals.
- You manage upwards and outwards, ensuring everyone internally has all the information they need to work on the project, always separating the useful from the interesting. Always doing what's right for the work - sometimes that means having difficult conversations.
- You act as a mentor and coach to the team.
- You’re always three steps ahead and work in ‘think’ not ‘do’ mode – you’re all over the detail on every project and anticipate potential issues, roadblocks and opportunities and proactively takes responsibility for coming up with solutions to challenges.