Classified Group Head
Representing a large proportion of this leading consumer publishers brands, this new and exciting role will be key to the strategic vision and continued success of driving revenues across Classified.
Managing a team of 9 people across 8 different brands most of which are market leaders, you will be working alongside the Classified Ad Manager and be responsible for the day to day trading of print and digital classified revenues. The team has continued to have resounding success in this market and they are looking for someone to develop and inspire some of the best new talent in Publishing.
• To take primary responsibility for all print Classified advertising revenue across a group of London titles to help drive digital and cross media sales
• To be accountable to the Ad Manager for achieving budgets as set across the group
• To Help write and implement the ad sales strategy for Classified in conjunction with the Group Advertising Manager
• To Identify a key client hit list for the group to ensure high level representation is achieved as well as be an ambassador for the titles to agencies and clients
• To negotiate the best possible rate for each piece of business, using discretion within the parameters set out by the Ad Manager and Investment and Trading Director on each brand in order to maximise volumes and yields
• To keep regular contact with current, previous and potential advertisers
• To maintain a sales pitch from which you take sole responsibility, that contributes to the overall targets of the portfolio of London titles
• Responsible for clearly communicating the portfolio strategy to your team, and successfully managing the implementation of this strategy by all team members to ensure budgets are hit
• To develop a comprehensive knowledge of the titles you manage, the market, competitors and clients
• To entertain clients and agencies (with hospitality budget guidelines) where this is advantageous to business
• Prepare and present appropriate sales progress reports to the Ad Manager, Investment and Trading Director and, where appropriate, the MD Advertising.
Keep issue management of magazines up to date e.g. Options, bookings, flat plans etc.
• Assisting Ad Manager in analysing training needs in print team
• Assisting Ad Manager in developing and executing a plan for successful transition into cross-media
• Ongoing training, mentoring and support of print sales team and keeping up to date with relevant media info & insight
• A proven track record of project and people management
• Excellent sales, negotiation and presentation skills
• Excellent knowledge and ability to apply all the latest applicable research and data within sales process
• Exceptional communication, administration and business skills
• Education preferably to degree level
• You will need significant sales experience within mainstream consumer publishing, including Classified advertising.