Press & Communications Officer (PR/Media Relations) - Corporate
The PR Manager/Media Relations Manager will be involved in the main 'press office' function but also work proactively in promoting the company's work, customer experience, reputation, policy changes and key spokespeople.
I'm looking for a press background within financial services or government corporate communications.
A high profile financial services company who are also uniquely a non-departmental government body. They are the leaders in the pension reform - millions of people nationally have chosen their pension scheme. They offer a highly rewarding, collaborative environment. People who work there feel passionate about the product and their involvement. They also offer good work/life balance and benefits.
Reporting to the Senior Investment Press and Media, the Press and Communications Officer will have primary responsibility for all media activity relating to company and customer experience and will be sat within the main 'press office' function.
As PR Manager/Media Relations Manager you will be at the 'frontline' for all media enquiries. You will also work closely with colleagues across the organisation to proactively promote the company 'story' through placed articles, interviews, comments and PR activities.
Day to day you will:
- Develop relationships with journalists across national, business, consumer and trade press
- Manage corporate reputation from a strategy/policy perspective
- Proactively work to build brand via the media
- Manage relationship with crisis communication agency
- Coordinate award/speaker programme
- Daily management of press office (including media in box), incoming media enquires and interview requests
- Providing briefings and interview/speech support for senior spokespeople
- Regular contributor to Twitter feed
- Land key messages - spotting opportunities
- Work with internal comms and events teams when needed
I'm looking for an experienced PR Manager and/or Media Relations Manager who's gained experience managing media strategies for a high profile, press office within in-house corporate communications, ideally within either a financial services or government regulatory background
- Experience of managing media strategies for a high-profile organisation
- Very well organised, with excellent attention to detail and knowledge of relevant tools
- Experience of juggling multiple complex projects, and delivering to tight deadlines
- Very strong writing skills
Personality wise; you'll be a team player, able to deal with senior stakeholders, understand the bigger picture and be unflappable in a sometimes-pressurised environment.
Our client is a Disability Confident Committed employer, and we guarantee to interview disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy.