Business Development Executive - Events and Media
Global Transport Forum is the B2B conferences division of DVV Media International, a large digital and print media business focused on the transport and logistics sectors. We are looking for an experienced Business Development Manager responsible for selling sponsorship, exhibition, and digital packages across our suite of events and online media.
The candidate will be based in Central London with opportunity to travel to cities such as Los Angeles, Munich, and Madrid and to contribute to the strategic direction and growth of our business.
- Selling globally with high volumes of clients based throughout Europe and the USA requiring flexibility and structuring of core sales times.
- Developing strong client relationships over the phone and in person through extensive travel to client offices and events.
- Consistently hitting personal and event revenue targets
- Professional level of written correspondence, sales forecasting and reporting (including accurate time frames on deal closing).
- Professional level of reporting through the Hubspot CRM platform.
- Full compliance with client management best practice, pre / post contract agreement and our rebooking process.
- We expect high levels of organization and day-to-day planning; giving great attention to pipeline movement and management to maintain a healthy balance of inflow / outflow that brings sales results.
- Demonstrating maturity; showing full accountability for your activity levels and results, and ownership of your numbers and targets.
In short, we are looking for a highly determined, ambitious, intelligent and diligent individual, someone with outstanding attention to detail, enthusiastic, with a professional manner who is proactive and self-motivated. As we are a small team, every team member has a big impact so the new hire needs to be a team player, with the ability to communicate effectively with their colleagues.
- Minimum of 3-4 years’ experience in b2b media sales required (ideally integrated solution sales across events and digital media).
- Degree level education desirable.
- Possessing a solid understanding of insight, value-led, selling.
- Able to demonstrate a proven track record of sales success.
- Articulate and at ease selling concepts consultatively both on the phone and in person
- The candidate will need to show they are a good team player in our small team
- Demonstrable evidence the individual is committed to personal development and growth; open to learning new sales skills and processes. Open to being challenged out of their comfort zone.
- Ability to engage with C-level / senior executives with pan-regional responsibility.
- The ability to understand, internalize then clearly communicate the core market and commercial issues and x-factors driving an industry sector.